2014 NCL Alaska Cruisetour Planning

biojeep

I am planning an Alaska cruisetour for 2014 & would like to know if anyone has gone on the NCL Authentic Alaska cruisetour in 2013. This itenerary seems to be the one that we like the most but have been unable to find any feedback on this particular tour. We have sailed roundtrip out of Seattle on the NCL Pearl in 2012 but would love to explore the interior of Alaska. We have sailed several times with NCL & have been very pleased. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated on any of the NCL Alaska cruistour experiences.

I'm interested in feedback also. I'm taking a group on the June 9th 2014 cruise tour Authentic Alaska and so far I have heard some positive feedback but I was hoping to have read a couple of reviews by now. Anyone out there have any feedback?

We have booked the Authentic Alaska package for after the northbound 8/18/14 cruise. Have heard generally positive feedback - especially compared to the packages that some of the other cruise lines offer. Will follow this thread as I'd like to hear more.

I did find this review - it's of the Denali/Alyeska package, but it's still somewhat helpful: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908945&highlight=denali

We took the Denali Express tour in 2013 and it was OK.

You must undersatnd that NCL started to do cruisetoors in 2013, so 2014 will be only their second year.

Unlike Princess or HAL, who have their own facilities in Alaska (hotels, coaches and train cars), NCL is contracting their land tours with a travel agent in Alaska. In 2013 it was Alaska Premier Tours, most probably it will be the same in 2014.

The downside of this is that there are not many details about the tour until 30 days before your departure. You will not know your hotels in advance, you cannot book optional activities in advance.

• 3 months later...

I am going on the authentic Alaska cruise tour next summer. When we got our confirmation it listed the hotels but not details. I called NCL to get itinerary and they did not have it yet. Down the road I read on these bds that Premiere Alaska tours run the land tours for NCL so I emailed them. Soon after I rec'd an itinerary from NCL. Below is a summary, if you want more details send me your email and I will forward you what I received.

Day 1 of tour...leave Whittier in morning, stop in Soldotna for lunch. Arrive in Homer late afternoon, dinner on own in Homer Spit. Overnight at Ocean Shores Inn.

Day 2 of tour....in am visit to Alaskan islands and ocean center. After lunch leave Homer for Anchorage by motor coach. Stop at the Alaska wildlife conservation center. Arrive in Anchorage for dinner. Overnight at Sheraton Anchorage resort & spa.

Day 3 of tour....motor coach from Anchorage to Talkeetna then board Alaska railroad for Denali. Arrive Denali late afternoon then overnight at Grand Denali Lodge.

Day 4 of tour....husky homestead kennel tour in morning then afternoon starts the tundra wilderness tour (7 hrs). Tours may get reversed. Overnight again at grand Denali lodge.

Day 5 of tour....motorcoach to Fairbanks. Upon arrival take a short city tour with a stop at the Alaska pipeline. Afternoon is a riverboat discovery cruise. Overnight at Rivers Edge Resort.

I am going on the authentic Alaska cruise tour next summer. When we got our confirmation it listed the hotels but not details. I called NCL to get itinerary and they did not have it yet. Down the road I read on these bds that Premiere Alaska tours run the land tours for NCL so I emailed them. Soon after I rec'd an itinerary from NCL.

This is very helpful - thank you!! We are booked for the same cruisetour in August. When we reserved this past September, our confirmation only said "Hotel to be determined" for the land days. Our PCC sent us the 2013 northbound itinerary as they did not yet have the 2014 one, which sounds like it's now available.

Thanks for the information. I hope you will post a review of the land portion of your tour. I still have found very few evaluations or reviews of the NCL Alaska Cruisetours for 2013. I too would like more detailed information for each stop so we could plan accordingly.

Thanks for the information. I hope you will post a review of the land portion of your tour. I still have found very few evaluations or reviews of the NCL Alaska Cruisetours for 2013. I too would like more detailed information for each stop so we could plan accordingly.

I will be happy to post a review but it will not be until next year as I am going July, 2014.