The ONE most significant item

hsaroya

My passport. It's my connection to the help my country will provide if I find myself injured, penniless, or in trouble in another country.

(And no, I don't bring it with me when I get off the ship, I bring a photocopy. But even the photocopy is enough to get my country's consular services - the section that helps citizens in trouble abroad - working on my behalf.)

One item: For 'uptight me' ... the attitude approach of "DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY". Oh you wanted an actual item! -- battery powered alarm clock since I normally use the alarm on my phone, but I power that down when leaving port.

Port advice: At Nassau, we took Jitney #10 to the Sheraton Inn Resort on Cable Beach, and for a $30 day pass, had a wonderful relaxed time, and the facilities were great.

My Item is not really a "item". I have learned to always leave empty room in my suitcase when packing because if you pack it full you have no room for the tee-shirts and souvenirs you know you are going to buy! (Plus you have to watch out for the 50lb. limit when flying)

As for a port tip, I am going to say Trip Adviser. I like to go to there web site and check out reviews on attractions in the ports we are visiting.

My item is a Swiss brand crossbody purse. Everything I need fits in it and it goes across my body so my hands are free.

Port advice- look into booking excursions direct. You can find great deals and people here can often vouch for them. For example- in Progreso you should look at Autoprogreso. In Cozumel you can hire a driver through Tours Plaza. I have used both and was very happy with their services.

Hi,

I took a fold flat plastic clothes dryer (very small) complete with pegs which I found useful for drying small items including swimwear. At ports we arranged our own excursions so much cheaper and or so much better.

Have a great holiday.

Karen

Archived