Public Transportation in Curacao

Frugalist

I can respond to your question in part, having researched this previously for my own purposes. Yes Curacao does have public transportation. There are two bus terminals - one in the Punda side and one in the Otrobanda side. On our last trip I decided to take a tour bus instead so didn't actually use the public bus at that time; however, during our tour I did see the public bus at the stop at the Aquarium. I was able to obtain a lot of the information I was looking for from the Curacao Tourist Board at:

http://www.curacao.com

If you don't get all the information prior to your cruise, we have found the information desk at the pier to be very helpful. They were so friendly and very helpful on our last stop there.

I was able to obtain good information from locals on the Trip Advisor web site. Hope this little bit of information helps. I am planning on using the public transport on our upcoming cruise. Hope you enjoy Curacao - it is one of our favorite ports.

Additional information to my previous response - on this forum Isa65 is a good source of information. I had made inquiries previously and received very good information in response. If you search for the posts for Isa65 on this forum I think you will find some of the information you are looking for.

Also internet search for "Curacao bus routes/schedules" will probably provide some of that information.

Happy Cruising!

Archived