Lost baggage at disembarkation

aubree215

Look what showed up on our doorstep this morning. Thank you for the honest citizen that made a mistake and sent our luggage back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

That's fantastic! Hopefully the honest person who returned your luggage got their correct luggage as well. Did you get a call or email from Carnival saying it was on its way, or were you just (pleasantly) surprised to see it there? Great news and glad to see that Carnival got it back to you after the person returned it.

So glad you got your luggage bag. After reading similar horror stories on these boards, I've bought bright yellow pominis and new luggage tags for our bags. Will probably pick up some duct tape as well.

I know it would slow down the disembarkation process, but it'd be great if Carnival did like some airports do and ask to see tickets with matching numbers to the bags. I know human error can still happen, but perhaps a few less instances would occur as well.

Glad there are still honest people in the world.

Wish I could do that, and I probably could on a 7-day or less but I usually take 12-16 day cruises and can never get by with that little.

My next 16-day I will be Platinum but even with free laundry I don't think I can get by with a carry on.

You can do it. It's all mindset. Just need to be ruthless in culling out your stuff. Rethink your beauty routine. Decant into smaller bottles.

Don't worry about rewearing things. That's what Febreeze and the laundry are for.:D

Rmemeber everyone else is in the same boat as you are.:p

OP--Happy you got your luggage back so soon.

You can do it. It's all mindset. Just need to be ruthless in culling out your stuff. Rethink your beauty routine. Decant into smaller bottles.

Don't worry about rewearing things. That's what Febreeze and the laundry are for.:D

Remember everyone else is in the same boat as you are.:p

Oh, I re-wear things and I have small bottles for necessaries. I've culled repeatedly over the last 20 years of cruising and have found that on a port intensive cruise, I'm still wearing one outfit in day and showering to put on clean, non-sweaty clothes for dinner and evening. I'm not going to wear dirty smelly shorts and t-shirts to dinner. Sixteen days is usually at the end of 2-3 days pre-cruise in the embarkation city, so even wearing everything twice and having laundry done--that's still 16 outfits (8 for day, 8 for night). I take ONE little black dress with dressy shoes. I have another pair of shoes for every evening and walking sandals. I always wear the heaviest pair on the plane going there. One bathing suit. I have culled to where I never come home not having worn something.

On a 7-day I wouldn't have any problem I'm sure.................

Oh, I re-wear things and I have small bottles for necessaries. I've culled repeatedly over the last 20 years of cruising and have found that on a port intensive cruise, I'm still wearing one outfit in day and showering to put on clean, non-sweaty clothes for dinner and evening. I'm not going to wear dirty smelly shorts and t-shirts to dinner. Sixteen days is usually at the end of 2-3 days pre-cruise in the embarkation city, so even wearing everything twice and having laundry done--that's still 16 outfits (8 for day, 8 for night). I take ONE little black dress with dressy shoes. I have another pair of shoes for every evening and walking sandals. I always wear the heaviest pair on the plane going there. One bathing suit. I have culled to where I never come home not having worn something.

On a 7-day I wouldn't have any problem I'm sure.................

Pack for a week and repeat.

Platinum get three free bags of laundry per cruise. We find that sending out laundry on day two and one later on in the cruise works well for us.

If some of your clothes can do day and night we have worn some clothes at night then again the next day.

:):):):):)

Archived