Mountainbreeze's HUGE Victory vacation review!

mountainbreeze

After about 10 minutes the bellman let us know our car was here.

We looked out the front doors and OHHHHH!!!

JOHN BROUGHT THE LIMO!!! (happy dance in the lobby at Lago Mar!)

We were so thrilled he brought the limo when we expected (and paid for) a town car!

Thanks John!!!

This really perked us up this morning

P9150244.JPG

I took pictures while they loaded our suitcases in.

P9150246.JPG

While they were loading our stuff, the bellman asked Christina who we REALLY are. He told he he thought we might be someone special since we had a limo drop us off and pick us up.

Of course he was joking, but it's fun to pretend..............

P9150245.JPG

The inside of our limo.

P9150249.JPG

It was a 10-15 minute drive to the airport.

We checked our bags in outside at the porters desk.

Inside we thought it was funny to see this bird walking around inside the airport. No one seemed to care that it was in there.

Iphone+pics-+sept+2013+133.JPG

We got through security and found our gate.

We found a little place that had breakfast sandwiches. These were perfect while we waited for our plane.

Sitting at the gate, we noticed we could see cruise ships. I think it's Port Everglades?

It's nice to know the cruise port is so close to the Ft Lauderdale airport. I never knew.

P9150251.JPG

Our layover in Milwaukee was longer than we expected. As soon as we found out we were going to be there an extra 45 minutes, we went outside and found our way to a smoking area.

We made it back inside and through security in time for our flight.

This was on the floor in the Milwaukee airport. Christina noticed it first, and it reminded me of my Timmy.

I took a picture and texted it to him.

We even had time to eat in the airport before our flight took off.

Iphone+pics-+sept+2013+134.JPG

We made it to Kansas City around dinnertime. Timmy was there within 5 minutes, and it was sooooo good to see him again!!!

Our suitcases made it to Kansas City too, and we found them quickly in the baggage claim. All of our souvenirs made it home in one peice, including my glass shot glasses and Timmy's handmade wooden motorcycles.

I can't believe my vacation is over. I've been back just over a month and I still can't believe it's over already.

To combat the depression from coming back from vacation, I'm working on a few vacations for for the not-so-near future.

My sister Lisa and I really want to go on the Disney Dream so we are kicking around the idea of planning a quick 3 or 4 day Disney cruise for next year or the year after.

I also REALLY want to spend my 50th birthday in May 2016 at Disney World, so I'm trying to get a good head start on planning that one. My husband has never been to Disney (can you believe that??!!??) so I really want to show him the happiest place on earth too.I hope he loves Disney as much as I do.

Stay tuned for more adventures!! Thanks for reading!!!

Wow, this review is out of control lol! You did an awesome job and it looks like you ladies had an awesome vacation. I can't wait to do a b2b someday. By the way I ate at Rackhamms's on my last cruise and the food was really great not to mention the atmosphere. Maybe not the best place for jerk chicken after eating it in Jamaica.

Wow, this review is out of control lol! You did an awesome job and it looks like you ladies had an awesome vacation. I can't wait to do a b2b someday. By the way I ate at Rackhamms's on my last cruise and the food was really great not to mention the atmosphere. Maybe not the best place for jerk chicken after eating it in Jamaica.

I'm glad you enjoyed my review...............it was a really fun vacation.

Yes, Rackham's was a great restaurant in Grand Cayman. I would definitely eat there again, but you are right, I shouldn't have had the Jerk Chicken there after just having been to Jamaica! :)

Mountain Breeze said:I can't believe my vacation is over. I've been back just over a month and I still can't believe it's over already.

To combat the depression from coming back from vacation, I'm working on a few vacations for for the not-so-near future.

My sister Lisa and I really want to go on the Disney Dream so we are kicking around the idea of planning a quick 3 or 4 day Disney cruise for next year or the year after.

I also REALLY want to spend my 50th birthday in May 2016 at Disney World, so I'm trying to get a good head start on planning that one. My husband has never been to Disney (can you believe that??!!??) so I really want to show him the happiest place on earth too.I hope he loves Disney as much as I do.

That's what I do, plan ASAP for another great vacation (aka cruise:D) which is coming up in 91 days, yay!!! Thanks for writing your great review and posting all the fun pics!

Edited by momonthego17

Great Review. I was on the Victory in May and loved it. I just returned yesterday from a Girls Weekend at Lago Mar and all I can say is OMG, that place is just awesome. I met a gentleman at the pool that says he's been vacationing there for 50 years. I can see why. I know I will be back again. Its my new precruise hotel. Like the sign at Half Moon Cay says, I could have stayed there forever :)

Edited by girlscruise2011

Mountain Breeze said:I can't believe my vacation is over. I've been back just over a month and I still can't believe it's over already.

That's what I do, plan ASAP for another great vacation (aka cruise:D) which is coming up in 91 days, yay!!! Thanks for writing your great review and posting all the fun pics!

Thanks for reading my review, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Your cruise(s) are coming very soon! I'm excited for you! How fun to have 2 cruises booked! :)

Great Review. I was on the Victory in May and loved it. I just returned yesterday from a Girls Weekend at Lago Mar and all I can say is OMG, that place is just awesome. I met a gentleman at the pool that says he's been vacationing there for 50 years. I can see why. I know I will be back again. Its my new precruise hotel. Like the sign at Half Moon Cay says, I could have stayed there forever :)

Lago Mar is such a great find!! I'm so excited to go back there again. Yes, I can also see why people go back year after year :)

Thanks for reading my review!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I just finished reading your entire thread. What a great review! We are taking the same cruise as your 1st leg onboard the Victory on Nov 11th and will be getting married on the beach at our 1st port stop in Grand Turk! Just need the next 10 days to hurry up now lol. Thanks again for the great write up.

We just got off the Victory a week ago Thursday and LOVED IT. I've only been on the Fantasy class ships so wasn't quite sure what to expect. My favorite part of the ship as got to be the Sirens Pool. I spent more time there than anyplace else. Looking forward to the Liberty next year.

I finally finished up reading. it was an awesome trip. Actually a kind of trip I would love to take. I am having cruise fever badly right now. It's been a year (well will be in a couple of days) and I need to get on a ship!

I am so glad you had so much fun with family and friends. You had some awesome experiences too!!!

Great review!

Did Victory have the Punchliner Brunch (now with no comedian)available on Sea Day?

Where do you arrange advance reservation of the golf carts from Nathan Smith in Grand Turk? Is there a website? I have been to Grand Turk 2 times and sailing on Victory in January and would like to do that.

Thanks!

Great review!

Did Victory have the Punchliner Brunch (now with no comedian)available on Sea Day?

Where do you arrange advance reservation of the golf carts from Nathan Smith in Grand Turk? Is there a website? I have been to Grand Turk 2 times and sailing on Victory in January and would like to do that.

Thanks!

Read somewhere that the Victory will start serving Brunch instead of breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms starting November 2nd, which was a couple days ago. Not sure how true that is

Read somewhere that the Victory will start serving Brunch instead of breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms starting November 2nd, which was a couple days ago. Not sure how true that is

This is where I read it. On JH facebook page

Wow, I just finished reading your entire thread. What a great review! We are taking the same cruise as your 1st leg onboard the Victory on Nov 11th and will be getting married on the beach at our 1st port stop in Grand Turk! Just need the next 10 days to hurry up now lol. Thanks again for the great write up.

Oh wow, you are getting married in ONE WEEK in Grand Turk??!!! Thats so awesome!!!! I'm really excited for you!! Come back and tell me how it all went, and post some pics!!! :)

Congratulations!!!!

Edited by mountainbreeze

We just got off the Victory a week ago Thursday and LOVED IT. I've only been on the Fantasy class ships so wasn't quite sure what to expect. My favorite part of the ship as got to be the Sirens Pool. I spent more time there than anyplace else. Looking forward to the Liberty next year.

I'm so glad you had a good time!!! The Victory is a really great ship, and I would definitely sail on her again.

Is the Siren's pool the one in the back on the Lido deck? That was my favorite one too. I love the way you could sit on the side of the pool and still be in a few inches of water. :)

The Liberty sounds nice too, I was considering Liberty when I picked the Victory cruise(s).

I finally finished up reading. it was an awesome trip. Actually a kind of trip I would love to take. I am having cruise fever badly right now. It's been a year (well will be in a couple of days) and I need to get on a ship!

I am so glad you had so much fun with family and friends. You had some awesome experiences too!!!

Hi Jennifer! I'm glad you enjoyed my trip report, because I sure do love reading all of yours!!! I have cruise fever really bad, and it's so sad that I have nothing booked right now. I'm working on getting that fixed ;)

It's time to book the Disney Dream, thanks to your trip reports.........I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT SHIP!!!!

Great review!

Thanks!

I don't see anything about the Punchliner Brunch in the Fun Times for the sea days, I'm really not sure if the Victory had that or not.

To get in touch with Nathan Smith for the Golf Cart rental, you can email him at nathanandlinda@tciway.tc and he will email you back in a day or two.

You can also call him to reserve a cart: Nathan Smith 649-231-4856

He will charge your credit or debit card for the entire $80.00 when you reserve your cart.

Have fun on the Victory in January, I wish I was going with you!!!

This is where I read it. On JH facebook page

Thanks for clearing that up!! I wasn't sure if they had one on the Victory.

I don't see anything about the Punchliner Brunch in the Fun Times for the sea days, I'm really not sure if the Victory had that or not.

To get in touch with Nathan Smith for the Golf Cart rental, you can email him at nathanandlinda@tciway.tc and he will email you back in a day or two.

You can also call him to reserve a cart: Nathan Smith 649-231-4856

He will charge your credit or debit card for the entire $80.00 when you reserve your cart.

Have fun on the Victory in January, I wish I was going with you!!!

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!

You can come, too! The more the merrier!

• 2 months later...