Another cruise ship suffers mechanical problems.

such a shame to hear this....this is a brand new ship....a beautiful ship.....seems to be more than teething problems....princess certainly have had a fair bit of bad luck this season

just shows yer tho....that so much can and does breakdown on some of these multi million dollar mega ships...and this one is bristling with state of the art technology

my heart goes out to those on board and the crew....a power outage will mean the ac will fail...toilets...plumbing...hot food....

such a shame to hear this....this is a brand new ship....a beautiful ship.....seems to be more than teething problems....princess certainly have had a fair bit of bad luck this season

just shows yer tho....that so much can and does breakdown on some of these multi million dollar mega ships...and this one is bristling with state of the art technology

my heart goes out to those on board and the crew....a power outage will mean the ac will fail...toilets...plumbing...hot food....

Yep, can happen to the best of them - and new doesn't necessarily mean it will be less prone to developing a problem than older ships. Really bad luck though on anyone on board at the time. How disappointing and upsetting.

princess certainly have had a fair bit of bad luck this season

Have they Geo? I think the others were Carnival :)

I understand the Royal had some problems in August too. A bit of moaning on Princess boards I think :rolleyes:

According to the DM it is "Kate's cruise ship" :rolleyes: Oh so it's her fault then :D:D

Have they Geo? I think the others were Carnival :)

I understand the Royal had some problems in August too. A bit of moaning on Princess boards I think :rolleyes:

According to the DM it is "Kate's cruise ship" :rolleyes: Oh so it's her fault then

opps! yep sorry linda:o....that was carnival ....(adds new meaning to switch on fun.....I presume that will be after they have switched on the lights) :)

I noticed that 'Kate' comment in dm too:rolleyes:

Almost. As the ship is new it has the latest backup systems, so essential services such as toilets and plumbing continued to work during the few hours there was a problem.

Just because it is a new ship doesn't mean it can't have a problem now and then, just like a new car can. As it's a new class of ship I was expecting more issues to be honest.

Almost. As the ship is new it has the latest backup systems, so essential services such as toilets and plumbing continued to work during the few hours there was a problem.

Just because it is a new ship doesn't mean it can't have a problem now and then, just like a new car can. As it's a new class of ship I was expecting more issues to be honest.

pleased to hear that the problems were minor and people weren’t inconvenienced too much

it certainly is a beautiful ship :cool: (have seen it berthed in southampton)

Archived