Carry-on restrictions

Giron75

In reading the above mentioned link, it says luggage must be no larger than 11" X 17" similar to airport restrictions. Ariport restrictions are NOT that small. I have always carried on my 22" luggage (on Princess). Has anyone carried on their 22" luggage that is allowed on airlines?

Can my DH bring his pocket knife on board? I don't know why he needs it but he never leaves home without it.
Forget the ship I wouldnt want to even think of trying to get that on a plane in your flying to your port , I suggest you tell Davie Crockett to leave his little toy home to avoid trouble and embarrassment---Just my opinion!!;)

In reading the above mentioned link, it says luggage must be no larger than 11" X 17" similar to airport restrictions. Ariport restrictions are NOT that small. I have always carried on my 22" luggage (on Princess). Has anyone carried on their 22" luggage that is allowed on airlines?

What are it's other two dimensions? I doubt it is a 22" cube.

i carried on a 22in. luggage with me, the x-ray machine is a lot larger then the measurements that is given in new york cruise terminal.

i carried on a 22in. luggage with me, the x-ray machine is a lot larger then the measurements that is given in new york cruise terminal.

22" is the longest dimension. Chances are, the luggage would lay flat and the 22 inches would be the length (when laid flat). You still have height and width to contend with (which are limited to 11" x 17").

It is conceivable that a 22" bag be 11"x22"x17" or smaller, such as 5"x22"x10", or longer, such as 11"x50"x17" and still fit through the X-Ray machine.

22" is the longest dimension. Chances are, the luggage would lay flat and the 22 inches would be the length (when laid flat). You still have height and width to contend with (which are limited to 11" x 17").

It is conceivable that a 22" bag be 11"x22"x17" or smaller, such as 5"x22"x10", or longer, such as 11"x50"x17" and still fit through the X-Ray machine.

Yes, the 11x17 measurement is for width and depth. That is the size of the opening in the x-ray machine. The bag can be any length.

Can my DH bring his pocket knife on board? I don't know why he needs it but he never leaves home without it.

As long as you are talking about a small pocketknife, I don't see a problem. I have carried one for years. (have to either leave it at home or pack it in a checked bag if flying though..)

I am not talking about a weapon, it only has a 1 1/2 inch blade..... and before anyone asks.. I use it to cut off old luggage tags, to cut off the cable-ties I secure our luggage with, to cut the duct tape with (tons of uses for duct tape, but that would be a thread of its own), and of course, like most guys, I use it to clean my fingernails (;) sorry, just had to say that one!).

Archived