Explorer of the Seas Digital Coupon Books

Paige6187

Does anyone know if EOS is using the digital coupon books? I have read that as recently as August they were not, but didn't know if anyone had been on in the past couple weeks and knew?

TIA!

They went to e-coupons with the September 19th sailing from Quebec to Bayonne.

They went to e-coupons with the September 19th sailing from Quebec to Bayonne.

We'll be leaving on the Explorer next Sunday and this will be the first time we will be having our coupons on our seapass. I read somewhere that the coupons don't really take effect for several days so how does that work if you want to take advantage of them first thing? Do they put the full price on your account then adjust it later as if you used the coupon? Can you declare the coupon at the time of purchase if it is before they actually go into effect? Confused...

We'll be leaving on the Explorer next Sunday and this will be the first time we will be having our coupons on our seapass. I read somewhere that the coupons don't really take effect for several days so how does that work if you want to take advantage of them first thing? Do they put the full price on your account then adjust it later as if you used the coupon? Can you declare the coupon at the time of purchase if it is before they actually go into effect? Confused...

I though people had reported that the coupons are on their account right when they board. They also reported that the coupons were used automatically, so if you purchased two drinks, they automatically used the bogo coupon. If you don't want them to use the the coupons automatically, you need to tell them up front.

How are you suppose to keep track of what you have used and not used with the e-coupons? Do they give you a paper master list and you have to cross them off as you go along? I kind of liked the paper ones. I would just rip out the ones I wanted to use and just keep them in my pocket. It was no big deal.

They work as soon as you board. They DO give you a list in your cabin if you need to keep up. I always tell them at time of purchase that I'll be using a coupon, but I don't think you have to. It is really a lot more convenient than the paper coupons.. I hated having to carry that booklet around and filling out the coupon. This is so much better!

How are you suppose to keep track of what you have used and not used with the e-coupons? Do they give you a paper master list and you have to cross them off as you go along? I kind of liked the paper ones. I would just rip out the ones I wanted to use and just keep them in my pocket. It was no big deal.

Yes, you get a list of coupons and you need to keep track of what you have left. I believe someone posted that you could go to Guest Services and have them print our your list of coupons too.

Seems to me it would be pretty easy to know which coupons one had already used. In any event if you try to reuse one of them it would likely not work and then you would know.

I like this idea. Question: Can you choose when you want to use the coupons or do they just happen automatically? For example, what if you are Diamond level and you want to not use bingo coupons until the 2nd or 3rd day?

I could see them automatically applying internet or laundry coupons and that would be really convenient. No reason to wait on those :)

Tom

Yes, you get a list of coupons and you need to keep track of what you have left. I believe someone posted that you could go to Guest Services and have them print our your list of coupons too.

Oh cool! This is my 2nd, so I guess I'll get coupons :) Thank you for your reply.

Have you signed up for C&A? I think you have to do that to get the coupons, no matter how many cruises you have. Just thought I would mention that to you, in case you haven't.

This brings up a good question...which ships are still using coupon books and which are not?

Have you signed up for C&A? I think you have to do that to get the coupons, no matter how many cruises you have. Just thought I would mention that to you, in case you haven't.

This brings up a good question...which ships are still using coupon books and which are not?

Yes, I have signed up. Thank you for asking, just in case I hadn't. :)

Archived