No More Major Ship Upgrades? What do you think?

qwerty119

i don't either.

they're going to take some of the easiest ideas and incorporate them into each build, like the rebranding of dining options etc.

they're also likely to incorporate not necessarily inexpensive but 'value added' renovations like the cabins above the bridge 'scenic oceanview cabins'...

will they chop the theater in half, eliminate public spaces to add more cabins, or eliminate the atrium view to the sky and glass elevators in a future build? i don't know. but i think they sure as hell should not :)

All I'd take away from those comments is that they won't add additional decks to existing ships. That isn't surprising since every other ship has plenty of decks-- only the Destiny was missing the "extra" deck that the Triumph and Victory had.

Conquest ships are a bit bitter than the Destiny-class hulls-- 60 ft longer. That's a lot of extra room on the upper decks of Freedom and Valor compared to the Destiny.

People really hate that Carnival calls the Sunshine a new ship.

I just don't get it.

With everything that was done to it, I would call it a new ship as well.

Until you replace the hull and engines shes a old ship. You don't remodel your house and call in brand new. Resturants don't remodel a 20 year old building and call it new.. Walmart doesn't remodel there stores and call it a brand new store.. Carnival tried to sell the sunshine off and brand spanking new to people who dont know better They may of been better to call her newly refurbished cause that's what she was ..

I'm sure she's a great ship just not new

Until you replace the hull and engines shes a old ship. You don't remodel your house and call in brand new. Resturants don't remodel a 20 year old building and call it new.. Walmart doesn't remodel there stores and call it a brand new store.. Carnival tried to sell the sunshine off and brand spanking new to people who dont know better They may of been better to call her newly refurbished cause that's what she was ..

Until she sails the Caribbean and people report back as to whether it is very overcrowded we dont know if she is a great ship.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5543

I honestly am not buying what Arnold is saying. We already know the Freedom will be receiving a major upgrade. Right? What do you think?

My takeaway from Donald's comments is that Carnival will forego future expensive refurbishments in favor of less expensive changes that are designed to produce revenue. And that Carnival will focus its future investments in Asia and Australia as opposed to the U.S. market. It is easier to produce profit where regulations are lax and Carnival's reputation isn't yet well known.

My takeaway from Donald's comments is that Carnival will forego future expensive refurbishments in favor of less expensive changes that are designed to produce revenue. And that Carnival will focus its future investments in Asia and Australia as opposed to the U.S. market. It is easier to produce profit where regulations are lax and Carnival's reputation isn't yet well known.

All they have to do is improve the entertainment and we would be very happy. Just about all the comments about play list and hasbro are negative.

Restraunts & Bars remodel and change names and are 'new" all the time!

Does the engine or the hull really affect the average cruiser vacation? clearly not! But new bars, restraunts, features, cabins, etc? Those are all very visable things to a cruisers vacation. Sunshine is a new ship to the average cruiser.

Does the engine or the hull really affect the average cruiser vacation? clearly not! But new bars, restraunts, features, cabins, etc? Those are all very visable things to a cruisers vacation. Sunshine is a new ship to the average cruiser.

Hunh?

Wanna buy a new car?

I have several that are newer than Destiny/Sunshine I could give you a deal on. :)

And I have to say that the engines really can effect a cruise.

Something was not right with Destiny (destined to break down).

The bad name the ship had earned surely had something to do with the name change.

She's only new to the misinformed.. Other cruise lines remodel ships all the time and add resturants change carpets beds and TVs add a fresh coat of paint and even add more rooms they don't refer to the ship as new.. My grandfather passed down to me a 1983 truck he replaced the motor in right before he died... Truck has a new motor my dad had it painted seats redone .. Guess what it was still a used truck in 2000 when I started driving used truck lots of new parts

Anyway, I wonder what the Freedom will get given this info and the upcoming dry dock. There must be something major with that. I don't know if I believe this article. Thanks for posting anyway.

No problem. I am also VERY skeptical. I am thinking complete refit like the Sunshine minus Serenity. We shall see though

I wish I could find out. Lol. Booked on her next summer. Does the Freedom already have serenity?

Same here. lol. Yes already has a basic Serenity, but nothing compared to what the Sunshine currently has... My guess is Carnival will release the info about the dry dock in late October or November (At least I hope by then)

Anyway, I wonder what the Freedom will get given this info and the upcoming dry dock. There must be something major with that. I don't know if I believe this article. Thanks for posting anyway.

I think the better question is "what is Magic getting in her 40+ day drydock in 2015?" I mean it's pretty obvious that the Freedom is getting some version of the waterworks, ropes course, and standard 2.0 upgrades. However, the Magic already has big ticket items, and the 2.0 drydock only takes 2 weeks. It's hard to believe that they would have a 40+ day drydock just to deFarcus the ship.

Tell that to those folks who cruised on the Triumph when it was adrift.....:banghead:

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Forums mobile app

Same here. lol. Yes already has a basic Serenity, but nothing compared to what the Sunshine currently has... My guess is Carnival will release the info about the dry dock in late October or November (At least I hope by then)

I'll be on the lookout then. ;) I had to switch from the Sunshine to the Freedom. Didn't know anything about the dry dock until after the switch, so I'm excited.

Tell that to those folks who cruised on the Triumph when it was adrift.....:banghead:

Sent from my LG-MS695 using Forums mobile app

You can. As part of her drydock, Sunshine received additional redundant power systems to avoid a repeat of the Triumph episode.

I think the better question is "what is Magic getting in her 40+ day drydock in 2015?" I mean it's pretty obvious that the Freedom is getting some version of the waterworks, ropes course, and standard 2.0 upgrades. However, the Magic already has big ticket items, and the 2.0 drydock only takes 2 weeks. It's hard to believe that they would have a 40+ day drydock just to deFarcus the ship.

More interested in Freedom since I have the her booked for next year. That's all. Didn't know about the Magic until just now.

More interested in Freedom since I have the her booked for next year. That's all. Didn't know about the Magic until just now.

There are other threads which document the fact that the Freedom, Valor, Victory, and Magic all have 40+ day drydocks between Spring of 2014 and May of 2015. Carnival sent out emails cancelling a bunch of cruises about a month ago to accommodate these drydocks.

Archived