12:20 Flight departure from Miami

Davey-D-99

Sailing on Breeze...First week of February. Family and I are so excited.

I've never been to Miami and have no idea of airport distance and transportation.

Our return flight to Toronto just got changed from 1:30 to 12:20:eek:

Is this enough time to make it? Is there something extra I can pay for to get off the ship as quick as possible? I can't change the flight without a huge expense.

What is the best method of transport... How far is Miami Intl from cruise?

I think you will have plenty of time. Our flight was changed from 1:00 to 11:30. Hoping we will make it.

It is about half hour to get to airport.

I would grab a cab. It is a flat rate of $25 per cab. We had 4 people in ours. It will get you there faster than a shuttle will.

You can do self debark and walk off with your luggage early, but I don't think you will have any trouble.

Last time we cruised out of Miami we had a 12:30 flight and got there and sat for quite a few hours.

Claudia

I've never been to Miami and have no idea of airport distance and transportation.

Is this enough time to make it? Is there something extra I can pay for to get off the ship as quick as possible? I can't change the flight without a huge expense.

You will be fine. You can get off the cruise by like 9 am and Mia is 20 mins from Pom...

You will be fine. We sailed out of Miami this summer and our return flight was not till 4. Noticed they had an earlier flight at 10:30am flight so we got off this ship as soon as we could did the self disembark and made it to the airport in plenty of time.

You will have no problem making a 12:20 flight at MIA. The airport is only 10-15 minutes taxi ride from POM. Taxi fare is a set rate and a good option since the airport is close (unless you have a lot of people in your party). You won't have to sit in a bus and wait for it to fill up before it leaves. Taxis are plentiful and readily available as you exit the cruise terminal. I wouldn't be concerned about your flight being moved up to 12:20.

Have a great cruise. Come back and tell us about your trip.

I think you'll make that time no problem. But wanted to add if you'd prefer a later flight and the airline is who made this change, contact them right away after choosing a later flight that works better for you from the schedule. Tell them moving your flight earlier won't work, you *should* be able to change to the flight later that you'd prefer without penalty. :)

Thanks... Eases our concerns. The flights were booked through airmiles points and I don't think I can change without major penalty.

I will take chance on the 12:20 flight since the consensus is that we should be fine.

Thanks

Typically if an airline changes a flight time, you can cancel/rebook without any penalty. I have no idea how this works when you use miles/points to book though.

WE just returned and had the 120 Air Canada flight and I wished they would have changed it to 12.30...We had luggage tag 6 and were off the Victory at 7.15 and at the airport just after 8 then it was a long waiting game...but not as long as last year when we had a 4pm flight that was delayed till 7pm..

Note Miami Airport is like an icebox at that time of the morning so have your hoody's handy...

The flights were booked through airmiles points and I don't think I can change without major penalty.

I know when I use AA miles, I can change the flights/times, without penalty, as long as its the same itinerary.

And like others have said, if the airline changed them for you, I would call if you still feel apprehensive.

I had a 10 AM flight this past Sunday, and I was at the airport by 8. I am Platinum, so had group 1 tags. But I had a second letter in my cabin mailbox with group 5 tags, that was addressed to those with early flights. I debated doing the self assist thing, but I put my luggage out Saturday night instead.

Hi Davey-D-99.

We have the exact same flight change for our return from Miami to Toronto in December.

We also booked through Air Miles and I did contact them about possibly changing our departure flight the day before the cruise which was moved from 9:15 am to 8:05 am to see if we could get on a later flight (we're leaving our 4 kids at home with Grandma & Grandpa who have to travel from out of town to babysit and we are an hour out of Pearson).

The agent I spoke with advised that unless the flight time change is more than 4 hours, we would have to pay a cancellation/change fee to change flights. If memory serves me, the fee was something like $250 a ticket - so definitely not worth it. If the flight time was more than 4 hours, Air Canada would offer a change to either later or earlier in the day (or even the night before in our case).

As FYI on a similar experience with Aeroplan last year - we were flying to Orlando, connecting in Newark and back to Toronto direct out of Miami. I wasn't able to pull up my reservation about a month before our trip so called them.

Our connecting flight out of Newark had been changed by 25 minutes but meant we would miss it and nothing else worked with the original flight out of Toronto. The agent changed the departure flight to a direct flight, and also moved my return flight from late afternoon to the 1:20 departure out of Miami. Both changes at no charge.

We were off the ship by 8 am and at the airport within 35-40 minutes. There was a bit of a wait to go through the Air Canada counter but security moved quickly. We had plenty of time pre-flight. We did however choose to self debark our bags.

I have no doubt that we will have plenty of time to make the 12:20 flight - a change we're happy about because the minute we're off the ship, we'll want to get back to our kids!

I'll post back after we cruise to let you know.

Jill

Edited by JillK

Either do Self Disembark or go to customer service for an earlier disembark number. We just got off in Miami Sat. All customs lines were operating. We ended up in the slowest line ever and it took 1hour getting from ship to outside. Debarkation was stopped twice.

You can make the flight, just get off early.

• 2 months later...

Hi Davey-D-99:

Just wanted to post back about our return flight from Miami last week after debarking the Glory (Dec 15 on Air Canada @ 12:20).

Hubby and I were travelling alone and distilled our luggage down to one checked bag and two small carryons. As a result, we elected to do self debark rather than leave the luggage out for porters on the last night of the cruise. We were able to grab a bite at the buffet and then walk off with our luggage at 7:40 am, although they began making announcements for self-debark at 7:15).

We quickly cleared customs as we were among the first off the ship and were able to get in the taxi line and head off almost immediately. I would estimate we were at MIA no later than 8:20 am where there was no line up at the Air Canada desk and only a 5 minute wait at security.

As had happened to us exactly a year before, the flight was delayed getting into Miami so we had an hour's delay leaving. The pilots were able to compensate in the air though and we landed only 20 minutes late.

Bottom line: you should have no issues making your flight, even if it is on time!

Enjoy your cruise - you'll have a nice reprise from the weather in February. I, on the other hand, went from being served hand and foot to having to clean ice and snow off my car and *still* having to face the entire winter!

Best,

Jill

You will be fine! I would suggest that you go to guest services the day before and tell them you have a early flight. They will give you a lower tag number like 4, 5, or 6 to get off the ship. You can also do self assist and be off even earlier. If you get off the ship at 8am you will likely be at MIA by 10am. Customs gets backed up the later you get off.