Small Child-Friendly Excursion in Falmouth?

jojodiamond

We are on a cruise in December and one of the stops is Falmouth. Originally, I had booked a tour to Jamaica Swamp Safari Village through Royal Caribbean.

I just got an email from the cruise line that the excursion has been discontinued. I don't really know what else to do with the kids that day, so maybe we'll just use that as a "free" day and walk around port for a bit and take advantage of activities on the ship while it's less crowded.

But if any of you have children and have a recommendation, I'd love to hear it. We have two boys who will be 3 1/2 and 6 during our cruise. I think the Dunn's River falls look fun, but I don't know that the little guy will be able to manage.

I would recommend contacting Liberty Tours Jamaica. They can customize the day for you and your family. Especially with little childen, they can recommend some activities for the day that would suit your needs. When your kids are tired, they can take you back to the ship, that's the good thing about doing a private tour- you set your own times.

Our driver was Ricardo Riley, who was very knowledgeable about Jamaica, polite, and friendly.

We just used them last month while on Allure of the seas. It was the highlight of our cruise. We did some sightseeing, went to Secret Falls and had the best lunch at Scotchies. Loved it!!! LTJ were very reasonably priced.

There is nothing to do at the port, but shop. I always book my own tours- ALOT less expensive than the ship tours and more private. I don't like being with a bus load of ship passengers. I have been to Falmouth twice and I would definaltely set up a tour again with Liberty Tours Jamaica. There is a lot to do outside the port! Take a look at their website. Or email them. Libertytoursja@yahoo.com

http://www.libertytoursjamaica.com

Archived