Ronald Reagan Presidential Library - Tour

I had read many posts of renting a car and driving to the Ronald Reagan Library from Santa Barbara. Everyone said it would be a rushed day and not to do it. I really wanted to see it though so decided to go. I am writing this to encourage anyone who wants to see this library to go. The grounds are beautiful. It was such an easy drive. All the heavy traffic ran the opposite way. We were in port from 7 to 6 so it was a long port day. We were one of the first ones on the tender, walked over to pick up our rental car and was on the road by 8:15. We stopped at McDonalds for a Coke for about 10 minutes and got to the Library about 9:35. The library opened at 10 and I had already bought my tickets online so walked right in. We had a wonderful 4 /2 hours in the library. We even stopped for lunch on the way back and drove through town for about 20 minutes and then headed back to the ship. We allowed extra time just in case of traffic since we were not familiar with the area. If you want to see the library, this is a very easy excursion. Very inexpensive too. I spent about $115 for everything for two people.:)

• 1 month later...

My SSR Truck club has gone here several times. I would recommend very highly the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. They even have the 707 that was Air Force One when he was President (get your pic taken and walk through it) in a huge building inside the library, his Marine helicopter that would land at the White House, an F-14 Tomcat, and his limousine, a section of the Berlin Wall, tons of exhibits and memorabilia of the lifetime of this incredible American. All in beautiful grounds around the President's final resting place. Situated high on a hill, on a clear day you can see the ocean, probably 15-20 miles away, from this viewpoint. I have some pics of one of our SSR trips to this wonderful library in my pics BELOW . You can't go wrong.

Edited by glrounds