Lousy cruise line

paulfradin

Took MSC cruise 6 months ago on Divina; food and service was REALLY BAD, day in/day out. I figured since it was an Italian line food would be terrific-boy was I wrong.

I wouldn't recommend. Was extremely dissapointing. Best part of trip was getting off ship and eating jerk chicken on the islands-at least that food was fresh and delicious.

Cruise was to Nassau, st Martin, St. John.

What could be more delicious than grilled fresh chicken with some spice; damn straight I eat jerk chicken-it was fresh and delicious unlike any of the crap I ate on that ship.

Divina hasn't crossed the Atlantic - EVER! :eek:

Your credibility has just gone out the window.

My mistake; it was The Poesia, The Moody Blues Cruise about 4 months ago; got the ship names mixed up. Hope that makes you feel better.

food was awful, cruise at your own risk; I guess you will enjoy it if you have low expectations on service and nice food.

My mistake ; I was on the poesia, not divination-4 months ago.

Am I mad? Not anymore. I'm just warning people that might spend thousands dollars on cruise that the food was not fresh, and not good. Tasted like eating in a school cafeteria. The service was lousy and not friendly.

The ship was clean and pretty.

Overall, a big disappointment

The OP clearly has a bad memory, which makes me wonder if they havnt confused their experience with a HAL cruise as the description of food and service reminds me so much of September 2012 on the Nieuw Amsterdam...

But enough banter, boarding a flight and by tomorrow I would have ticked off 5 continents and 11 countries this year alone.

A true yankee veiwpoint as we are from California........

Absolutely loved it !

True, it is a bit different from the cruiselines we are used to in the U.S. but loved it.

The food is very European & the ships are elegant.

Booked because the prices are a bit cheaper & they sometimes have a more interesting itinerary.

We are on the Divina in January. Cannot wait to try the Yacht Club experience.

Was every meal bad? Of course not; but most we're incredibly mediocre at best. My GF and I couldn't wait to have a decent meal in Georgetown, Grand Cayman-which we did.

I stand by comments; that's my experience. So I got the name wrong of the ship, BFD.

I have cruised on Noreegian Epic ( good) and Disney Dream ( great). This line was LOUSY.

If u like stale bread, cold food, and crappy burgers that sat in a pan for god knows how long ( that's just a few examples) and lousy service, go for it.

I know my experience and I can't help it if you have low expectations about decent food and great service.

I hope the divina is better than the poesia. U say the food is European; no, it was just lousy. Pizza was a disgrace; no Italian person would have eaten it....and by the way I have been to Europe over 25 times, so I understand and appreciate great food.

I love the personal attacks, too. I'm a YANKEE, and a liar.

Nice....

....as someone from the states. I assume a viewpoint from someone who is from Europe would be different.

Sorry your experience was so negative but as you can tell be reading reviews on CruiseCritic, the cruising experience is very subjective.

You have made your point.........

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seem the closer the Divina gets to the US, the worse the complaints get. I have never sailed with MSC, but I am SO looking forward to our cruise. I know that it will be different from the cruises we've been on, but that's EXACTLY what we're looking for. So, unless you have traveled on the Divina in the Caribbean, keep your opinions to yourself instead of complaining FOUR months after your cruise.

Archived