Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

I'm enjoying your review as always. What IS that nightly treat of yours ? Is that a chocolate cup ??? Looks yummy.

I've never asked but I'm sure you can explain. Just what does the Pilot Boat do ? Do they just act as a guide for the captain ?

Anxious to read the rest and enjoy more of your pictures. You show things we never did see on the Breeze in March so that makes your review even more enjoyable.

I'm enjoying your review as always. What IS that nightly treat of yours ? Is that a chocolate cup ??? Looks yummy.

Hi Delta Dear. They are Fresh Fruit Chocolate Cups.

I've never asked but I'm sure you can explain. Just what does the Pilot Boat do ? Do they just act as a guide for the captain ?

YES

Anxious to read the rest and enjoy more of your pictures. You show things we never did see on the Breeze in March so that makes your review even more enjoyable.

Thank you.:)

Tracy Arielle and I went for breakfast on the Lido deck. Mitch was not interested in coming to today’s excursion. First you get all the ingredients.

DSC_06003_zps05c7d4e7.jpg

Then you make a breakfast bagel sandwich

DSC_06013_zpsb3a749e2.jpg

Our arrival in Aruba was at 8 am and we disembarked at 8:30 am.

DSC_06023_zpsefb6d25b.jpg

The pier shops

DSC_06053_zps3bdcaa8c.jpg

DSC_06063_zpsf689e556.jpg

We took a taxi to Moomba Beach where Jolly Pirates is located. Moomba Beach is located next to the well-known Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. There was 5 of us in the taxi and the cost for the three of us was $12.

Our taxi

DSC_06073_zps5475ca95.jpg

The Jolly Pirates gift shop.

DSC_06083_zps27821606.jpg

photo4_zps59be2c7e.jpg

photo2_zpsed4bd31a.jpg

They have three different Jolly Pirates tours starting at different times of the day.

photo_zps295d1454.jpg

They all include the same things with the exception of the morning tour which also includes a BBQ lunch. The tour included sail, swim and snorkeling at three great sites; Malmok, Boca Catalina and the WW2 shipwreck Antilla. Also included are your snorkeling equipment, an open bar and a BBQ lunch consisting of Chicken Kebabs, Ribs, Pasta Salad, Cole Slaw, Fried Banana, Sliced Watermelon and Rolls. I got the idea for the Jolly Pirates Excursion from Chris and Cassandra (Anung Un Rama) review. Check it out, a very good Breeze B2B review.

This particular tour operates daily from 9:30 am – 1:30 pm. The price is $57 per person. If you book online they offer a 12% discount or you can obtain an online coupon like I did at ‘Nights Publications Aruba’ for $10 off per couple. I believe this coupon comes out to approximately 9% off the $57 price and you don’t have to pre-pay and risk losing your money.

I've really enjoyed reading your review. I didn't know very much about the Breeze before it but it looks like a great ship. Is the barbeque restaurant free? Is the library bar an actual bar with a lending library? I've never seen it written about before. I've seen that some ships have small lending "libraries". A lending library with a bartender sounds like fun!

Yet another great review! I am looking forward to the rest of it. We had to choose between Breeze or Sunshine for our cruise this Spring and because of the week we are sailing, we ended up choosing the Sunshine (8 days vs. 6 days) but will hopefully get to go on the Breeze in the Fall.

Mike,Great review and great pictures. What lens do you use on your Nikon? the pictures are sharp and clear. Job well done. mrbill Tracy Ca

The lens that came with the camera. I don't know much about cameras, I simply put it on auto and point and shoot. :D