Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Hey, I can the balcony when we were on the Victory a few years ago in your pictures!

Great review, by the way. I have enjoyed reading your B2B2B2B a few months ago. I am enjoying your current one just as much. Thank you for sharing.

Carnival Victory leaving first

DSC_0308_zps775ceee0.jpg

DSC_0312_zps6e492ab5.jpg

DSC_0313_zps80e4ca85.jpg

DSC_0314_zps43ceea91.jpg

DSC_0315_zps546f5ba2.jpg

The ship in the background caused the Queen Emma pontoon bridge to swing open.

DSC_03993_zpsec5982ba.jpg

The bridge alongside the pier.

DSC_04013_zpsb25432a2.jpg

When the bridge is closed the ferry carries passengers across the water free of charge.

DSC_04023_zpse2d1baf5.jpg

Pullmantur Monarch (formally Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Sea)

DSC_04033_zpscd208765.jpg

DSC_04043_zpsebfd5e05.jpg

DSC_03812_zpse3a53738.jpg

DSC_03803_zps71bc0b6d.jpg

Off we went to find our tour. We had made reservation with Irie Tours. We arrived in Curacao at 2 pm and the tour began at 3 pm. Here is an excerpt from their site.

EAST SIDE TOUR

Visiting Curacao during your Cruise? We have the right tour for you!

First we drive over the Juliana Bridge, where you will have a great view of Willemstad. Then we pass through the old Jewish neighborhood, you will see all the old Jewish Mansions that are being restored. We also visit the Curacao Liquor distillery, here you can see how the ‘Blue Curacao’ is made and taste the different flavors. After the distillery we go to the Spanish water area, which is a beautiful residential area in the Spanish Water Bay. The last stop will be at the Curacao Sea Aquarium Beach, we stay here for 1 hour. After this nice stop, we bring you back to town.

Duration: 3 Hours

The price for this trip is $20 and includes: ($25, starting October 1st 2013)

*Beer, soft drinks & bottled water on the bus

*Entrance fee at the beach

*Hotel/Ship Pick-up & drop-off

$20 and includes beer too? They would lose money on me. Stellar review as always Mike. I just wish there were more pictures!

We’re about to cross the Queen Juliana Bridge

DSC_04133_zpsb09c7ead.jpg

Seems you traversed the Queen Juliana Bridge in an open-air bus. More power to you. I almost had a panic attack on this bridge in a closed shuttle bus (and I am not prone to panic attacks). But, I am accustomed to bridges that have a superstructure around and above them (such as the George Washington Bridge in New York City). The Queen Juliana allowed me to see too much. Sad, but true.

Hi Mike

Fantastic review :-) Going on the Breeze in mid Dec and loving your review .... Jusst a quick question ... hoe do you get the pictures to show in the message .... I can only get the actual link to show or a thumbnail which is too small ... Thanks and enjoying your Breeze review :-)

Percy Crews

DSC_07722_zpse0912d7a.jpg

Thanks for the reviews, Mike. I'll be returning to Carnival after a long hiatus in a little over a week. I wonder if Percy Crews is Terry Crew's brother. Of Everybody Hates Chris fame, and White Chicks. And others I can't think of. He kind of looks like him.

Thanks for the reviews, Mike. I'll be returning to Carnival after a long hiatus in a little over a week. I wonder if Percy Crews is Terry Crew's brother. Of Everybody Hates Chris fame, and White Chicks. And others I can't think of. He kind of looks like him.

I was thinking the same thing...