Anyone Decorate Balconies?

cruiseray

[quote name='Roboat']Oh sure, NOW look what you started!
Click here ----> [url="http://community.webshots.com/photo/400274587uRsoFQ"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/400274587uRsoFQ[/url]
;)[/QUOTE]

HI LARIOUS!!!!! - I love the STP Sticker!:D

HI LARIOUS!!!!! - I love the STP Sticker!:D

Thanks, SC. I hope Princess marketing dept. doesn't see this, or they'll be selling ad space over the entire ship, a la NASCAR! :rolleyes:

[quote name='scopewest']Suncat: You said it was your cabin that had the palm tree, but what cabin number and what ship? (I was away or I would have asked sooner!)[/QUOTE]

It was Caribbean Princess Cabin # B749 - Baja - Cat BB Aft!!

Great cabin - with plenty of deck space!! and enough space for our 6 ft. palm tree, table, 2 chairs and a lounger!

[quote name='scopewest']It's all in the eye of the beholder, and we all have different views on what's "tacky."[/QUOTE]

Yes - Well Put!

I think those who think it's tacky should start your own thread - you sort of bumb me out! I call it individuals expressing themselves and having fun on vacation! It puts me in a good mood, not one of those "Oh my Gosh, How tacky Moods". :)

Linda~ first off ~thanks for all the advice you have offered over the yrs on cruising.

Now~onto the topic. I like to decorate our door. It doesn't hurt anyone. Before one gets all huffy ~ I call attention to the people who wear inappropriate attire --too tight,too lowcut,too casual,those who drink too much and the people who save pool chairs.

My little decoration on my door seems somewhat insignificant...

Deb

I love decorating my balcony. We took a table cloth to put on the table. Little vase of flowers. We make sure that we bring matching towels to lay on the chairs. One time we even hung up some cheesecake photos of handsome men to look at. No nudity, just nice looking guys. Also brought and hung pictures of my three beautiful grandchildren. I don't like being like everyone else with the same old dull furnishings. Live it up!!! Do it your way, because thats the best.

TACKY????:eek: NOT IN MY OPINION! We've decorated balconies for hubbys birthday, Christmas, & no occasion at all. Last year on the Mariner, had a great aft corner balcony. Had 1 large blow up palm tree, 3 blow up monkeys, 3 blow up flamingos, & 1 large pirate flag. And to light it up at night, twinkle lights with cruise ship covers. Hosted a balcony party with quite a few friends & the words tacky never came out. Plus our door was decorated. Used tie straps for balcony decorations, & magnets for door decorations. Didn't harm the ship, didn't make cabin steward take any of it down. While we enjoyed the decorations very much, I will say it was work decorating! So my decorating days are probably over, but will enjoy anyone else's.

Karren

The people that think it is "tacky" apparently do not know how to have FUN! It is FUN - understand?? If you do not like the decorated doors or balconies - then don't look because we wouldn't want anyone to look and crack a smile :rolleyes: Keep up that stuffy image. It drives me nuts how those that think it is "tacky" have to try and ruin it for those that enjoy doing it. Too bad I am in an inside room for my next cruise but my door WILL be decorated and not so that I can find it easily but because I enjoy it! It is fun and I have a lot of fun shopping and preparing them before the cruise too!!!!

GET OUT THERE AND DECORATE THOSE BALCONIES AND DOORS!!! :D

Archived