Is Funship Freddy Retiring?

ATHENA3

It seems like Carnival is going after celeb endorsements. Guys' Burger. George Lopez Comedy. The DJ guy.

Maybe they are going to fork money over to Disney / Jeff Dunham / Muppets to be the new mascot.

Disney already has Disney. I think they're going for the basketball players.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

I seen a comment from JH today to a post.

He is on a long long vacation…. and soon he will go to the retirement home for mascots. More news on that soon. Cheers.

For me I won't miss that thing.

hmmm...seems that JH announced this on Sept. 30th and here it is Nov. 15th. and nothing has been announced. Just another example of the definition of more news soon from JH and Carnival.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
hmmm...seems that JH announced this on Sept. 30th and here it is Nov. 15th. and nothing has been announced. Just another example of the definition of more news soon from JH and Carnival.:rolleyes:

I noticed that JH likes to joke at times or use sarcasm. I don't see Funship Freddy retiring or the need to. He's iconic to the cruise line and represents it. I really don't see how the towel animal mascots represent the cruise line. Too generic and don't say much. Yeah, Funship Freddy Krueger is creepy but you get the idea of what he is and can easily pin to the company.

I seen a comment from JH today to a post.

He is on a long long vacation…. and soon he will go to the retirement home for mascots. More news on that soon. Cheers.

For me I won't miss that thing.

Hope not because he is good for the kids, but Carnival is cutting all corners. Its a shame.