testing the waters here...anyone up for a 7-day CC group cruise 6/07?

I've been doing my "homework" in order to help alleve my PCD I've been suffering from since my return from the Valor 5/22 sailing and would really love to do the Southern Caribbean (as it stands now, would be aboard the Destiny). Do to DH's work schedule, we're looking at the 6/17/07 sailing as the only time we'd be able to go. Is anyone else even slightly interested in this? I know it's a long way out, but I figure we'd be able to make some really great new friends, plan some fun excursions and hammer out the fine details this far ahead of time. We'd also maybe be able to recruit more people the further out we plan.

Anyway, for those who may be interested, here's the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Sunday-- San Juan, departing 10 p.m.

Monday-- St. Thomas 7 a.m.-5 p.m.

Tuesday-- Dominica 9 a.m.-6 p.m.

Wednesday--Barbados 7 .am.-10 p.m.

Thursday-- sea day

Friday-- Aruba 8 a.m.-11 p.m.

Saturday-- sea day

SUnday-- arrive in San Juan 7 a.m.

obviously, there's no obligation in stating your interest. I don't know about YOU guys, but I'd just love to cruise with some fun people AND get a great deal in the process.

think about it! and let me know. ;)

we'll see how this works out...;)

actually, the airfare for that time frame in 2005 (for us, from Chicago to San Juan) is $250 pp, $50 pp CHEAPER than what we paid from Moline, IL (smaller airport, closer to us) to Miami this past May. :D I thought that was pretty interesting. plus, with all the connections we had to make during our Moline-Miami trip, our "travel day" will be about the same time, just Chicago-San Juan will be actually in the air.

Sounds Great Mama P

What are air fairs like to PR???

I know you can make this fly!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I'm just worried about airfare. You can't find out this far ahead can you? If so mammaparrot, can you see fares from PHL, which is Philadelphia.

Anyway, for those who may be interested, here's the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

Sunday-- San Juan, departing 10 p.m.

Monday-- St. Thomas 7 a.m.-5 p.m.

Tuesday-- Dominica 9 a.m.-6 p.m.

Wednesday--Barbados 7 .am.-10 p.m.

Thursday-- sea day

Friday-- Aruba 8 a.m.-11 p.m.

Saturday-- sea day

SUnday-- arrive in San Juan 7 a.m.

Sounds interesting.:D

now maybe you can take advantage of my OCD/worrywart tendencies in ADDITION to ribbing me about them. :D

I already do that but apparently I don't do a very good job...I'll have to try harder:p

Sounds interesting.:D
Aside from 1) hurricane season, 2) highest fares of the year (other than holiday sailings), and 3) ship overrun with kids, it's a good plan. :rolleyes:

Aside from 1) hurricane season, 2) highest fares of the year, and 3) ship overrun with kids, it's a good plan. :rolleyes:

It's all good, except for #3 which I didn't think about.:mad:

in our case, if we want to cruise, this is the window we're looking at, and I was curious to see if anyone else was interested, which apparently, they are. nobody's twisting anyone's arm, and most, if not all, of the people who responded have been around here long enough to realize what comes with the territory.:rolleyes:

though from what I've read, it's been my observation that there's the majority of the kids on the cruises leaving from US mainland ports...not many want to pay to fly their kids to PR, when a lot of the mainland tours have people that drive to port or hop cheap domestic flights. don't hold me to it, it's just what I've gleaned from reading reviews and drawing some conclusions.

MamaP Not trying to poo on your idea or your plans. It is a great cruise. On our June '03 trip there were lots of kids. There were lots of families from Puerto Rico on board with lots of kids.

Like I said it is a great trip. I'm sure you will have a good group of CC'ers

MamaP Not trying to poo on your idea or your plans. It is a great cruise. On our June '03 trip there were lots of kids. There were lots of families from Puerto Rico on board with lots of kids.

Like I said it is a great trip. I'm sure you will have a good group of CC'ers

can you quantify "lots"? LOL seriously, I'm curious.:)

Mama keep me posted as well. I am really bummed we had to cancel our cruise for Nov of this year when we were going to sail the Valor. I have no idea when we can sail now but 2007 doesn't sound bad. It gives me more than enough time to get ready. It would be nice if in the mean time Carnival came out with a new boat to do this route. Destiny has been doing it so long why don't they give her a break. :confused:

Sounds interesting. Don't know if we could work it out though. Will be sending oldest off to college that Fall and might be short on funds. Sure would be a great graduation present though. I'll keep an eye out for this one if it becomes a reality and who knows, maybe we can work it out.

can you quantify "lots"? LOL seriously, I'm curious.:)

853 1/2 :)

Seriously, there were enough of them and many behaved in such a manner that it is one of the enduring memories of time spent aboard ship. It just seemed that everywhere we turned there were kids. It also appeared to us that kids from "latin" cultures are less disciplined. Just my observation.

I love kids, and have two of my own. Mine just know better than to cut lines, play on the elevator, or crash into people without an apology.

We've been looking at this cruise including a couple of days in San Juan prior to getting on the ship, and at least one day fater just to keep from having to run to the airport. Let me know what you find out. There are 3 of us and I would be interested. American Airlines won't post any schedules prior to 329 days in advance, thought I'd look out of curiousity.

Sounds fun....Just FYI, Mama.....you have to keep track of those interested online.......I know you wouldn't but it "appears" someone making an email list on the side is getting a group together not thru CC....again, I know you wouldn't do that but we've had it done....Good luck!

Archived