Sunshine Aft Balcony Cabins Deck 8

miataman19

I can't help with noise, but I was on deck 8 forward 8117, which was nice.

Above you on deck 8 at the back, I am assuming on the sides aft, you have sunbeds above you and the waterworks. The is one row of sunbeds directly over those cabins. Or two if you are more slightly forward. Depending how forward aft you are there would also be the kids clubs.

If you are proper aft, again one row of sunbeds. My guess is yes you would hear some scrapping of chairs. But if I went on the Sunshine again and I couldn't get one of those lovely OV rooms at the front. I would stay aft on deck 8 on the sides, or even true aft if those rooms are for three.

We had lots of noise where we were and it was cabin doors banging where kids were in an inside room coming into mum and dads who had a balcony. It was on both sides. Never could get an afternoon sleep, to keep me going for the night time entertainment.

Any of those 8c's would be fine IMO.

8337 is an excellent choice as is 8339. Have a google for photos and you will see how many beds I am talking about, not many at all.

Edited by heatherbelle

• 1 month later...

We are booked in 8330 for March 16, 2014. I am concerned about the sofa bed. I am wondering if it is a true pull out sofa bed or just a sofa. We have 2 cabins booked(2 adults, 2 teenage boys and 2 preteen girls). I am certain the girls will stay with the adults in the aft cabin and in that cases will need the sofa to pull out and not just be a sofa for 1 person to sleep on. Anyone know????

We are booked in 8330 for March 16, 2014. I am concerned about the sofa bed. I am wondering if it is a true pull out sofa bed or just a sofa. We have 2 cabins booked(2 adults, 2 teenage boys and 2 preteen girls). I am certain the girls will stay with the adults in the aft cabin and in that cases will need the sofa to pull out and not just be a sofa for 1 person to sleep on. Anyone know????

The GoCCL site seems to list it as a 1 person sofa bed. I have an aft cabin booked on the Dream and it is a 3 person room shown the same way on that site. In my cabin the sofa cushions are pulled off and the bottom is made up into a "twin" sized bed for the 3rd person.

8330 8N 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-1 sofabed

View: window and aft-view extended balcony

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; 3-closets; desk and ottoman seat; sofa and coffee table

Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table balcony partition opens to: 8332

Smoking permitted on balcony only

Edited by Mysticks1