Carnival Pride or Carnival Dream?

MrBanana1240

We were looking at a 2014 cruise. We found Pride for about $1911 in a French door stateroom during Spring Break for 2 people. We never pay over $2000. We don't need airfare. It goes to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, we've been to Freeport. I just found a deal for $1197 for 2 people in a porthole on the Dream in late August. It goes to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. By then we would have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I know the Dream Is a better ship, but we need airfare, and that's about $300 a person, but still cheaper. Which would you do and why?

I would do the Pride. If you've never been to Grand Turk or HMC you are in for a treat, plus it's cheaper without the airfare, once you add luggage fees, hotel, taxi, etc... I've never been on the Dream, so I can't compare ships, but the Pride is a great ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Crazy4Cruisin225

Did you know that the Pride is leaving Baltimore in Nov 2014? I would do the Pride just because it may be your last chance to ever sail on a Carnival ship from Baltimore (Royal will be left as the sole cruise line from there).

Edited by Tapi

Did you know that the Pride is leaving Baltimore in Nov 2014? I would do the Pride just because it may be your last chance to ever sail on a Carnival ship from Baltimore (Royal will be left as the sole cruise line from there).

We are sailing Pride in November 2014. Last roundtrip cruise. We just are gonna book it after our cruise this year. But itinerary wise, which would you choose?

I have been on both and will be on the Pride again on Dec 29th. Dream is nice but would not sail her again. I hate the seaside theater and the spirit class is the only ships without. HMC is the best and Grand Turk is awesome.

Dream is a much more appealing ship for me, because of the waterslides, the nice lido deck setup, and how easy the ship is to navigate, with all nighttime activities being on deck 5, with the dining rooms right below. But, not everyone will think Dream is a better ship. Some people prefer a less crowded ship. Dream isn't overly crowded, but certainly more than Pride. Some people don't like the seaside theater. Some people despise kids, and Dream is a very appealing ship for families. Dream does have great entertainment & more food options, but some people don't care about that. It depends on what you like.

We are sailing Pride in November 2014. Last roundtrip cruise. We just are gonna book it after our cruise this year. But itinerary wise, which would you choose?

I'd go with the Pride's itinerary. As others have mentioned, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are phenomenal, and even though Freeport is not the best port, with a little bit of research you can find great beaches and other things to do.

You mention that with airfare the Dream is still cheaper, but don't forget to add transportation from-to airport, pre-cruise hotel (please don't fly on the day of the cruise), meals, etc. By the time you come up with the final price, the Pride may still be more economical.

Just for the record, the Dream is a great ship and it ranks as one of my favorites, but we sailed on the Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya itinerary which is IMHO better than the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary.

Given your location, I would probably stick with Pride even though it's not my favorite ship. Is Grandeur out of the question?

No. We looked at her in April to the Bahamas. About $1800, and we haven't been to CocoCay. I did like the Enchantment, but I love my Carnival atmosphere. And we plan on sailing on Pride in November 2014, we just don't want to book too soon, so the same ports (Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport/CocoCay) aren't sparking us. And we want to sail this itinerary before Pride leaves.

I'd go with the Pride's itinerary. As others have mentioned, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are phenomenal, and even though Freeport is not the best port, with a little bit of research you can find great beaches and other things to do.

You mention that with airfare the Dream is still cheaper, but don't forget to add transportation from-to airport, pre-cruise hotel (please don't fly on the day of the cruise), meals, etc. By the time you come up with the final price, the Pride may still be more economical.

Just for the record, the Dream is a great ship and it ranks as one of my favorites, but we sailed on the Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya itinerary which is IMHO better than the Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel itinerary.

We are flying in the day of our Miami cruise. Hope things work out. We have FTTF and arranged to be driven from MIA at the start and to FLA at the end.

But after talking it over, it will probably end up being Pride. I see you are going on Enchantment. Great ship. Have fun!

I have not been on either ship, but have been to almost all of those port. Have not been to Freeport. Based on reviews the Dream sounds like the nicer ship. However, I like the itinerary of the Pride better. HMC and Grand Turk are both absolutely gorgeous! No airfare is a plus as well! Would probably do the Pride while it's in Baltimore and wait on the Dream. I'm contemplating the Pride for next year myself. :)

Just got off the Pride on Sunday. We did Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport. For us, Freeport is a waste of time. But Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are fantastic! It's a shame that the ship doesn't stay the entire day at Grand Turk, but there's plenty of time to enjoy it while you're there. Love this itinerary. And we love the Pride, we'll really miss her when she leaves Baltimore. :(

We were looking at a 2014 cruise. We found Pride for about $1911 in a French door stateroom during Spring Break for 2 people. We never pay over $2000. We don't need airfare. It goes to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport, we've been to Freeport. I just found a deal for $1197 for 2 people in a porthole on the Dream in late August. It goes to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. By then we would have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I know the Dream Is a better ship, but we need airfare, and that's about $300 a person, but still cheaper. Which would you do and why?

Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay are two of the most beautiful beach ports we have ever visited. The sand at GT is like non I have ever felt. It's finer than flour and I could not stop laying with it.

We loved Pride much more than Dream. She was easier to navigate, she was smaller and felt less crowded, the whole aft deck was Serenity and had a pool, and she did not have the large screen noisemaker by the Lido pool.

I wouldn't go back on the Dream. I wondered if it might have been redeemed by going to Roatan (my fave CCL cruise port to date), but I honestly had great days at all our islands on the Dream. I just didn't like the ship at all. Dinner service took so long and was disorganized and chaotic and yet dull at the same time (waiting and waiting.) The CCL Dream almost convinced me to stop cruising all together...

I think I have decided on Pride. It just seems so convenient and I really want to visit Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay now due to the amazing descriptions. Thanks everyone. I will be tracking prices. When I can agree to a price I will book and update my signature. Thanks again for the feedback.

• 1 month later...
I see everyone talking about half moon bay and Grand turks, but my itinery (sailing March 9th) has Post Carnaval and Nassau

:(

They alternate itinearies. you got the "not so good" one. But, a cruise is a cruise, and you will still have a great time!!!!!!:D:D:D