Which Water Taxi to Caye Caulker?

CDNJehn

So I have found 3 different water taxi companies, and I think that two of them have merged (I'm sure I read that somewhere).

Caye Caulker Water Taxi

San Pedro Walker Taxi

San Pedro Belize Express

The first two have the same schedules departing Belize City (8am and 10:30am). San Pedro Belize Express has an additional departure at 9am.

The San Pedro Belize Express website says that they are on the same sidewalk as the tourism village. I think the other two are by the swing bridge.

Anyone have feedback on using any of these?

Not sure which is which, but we were there in April that took a tour leaving from the same spot. Anyway, you walk out the terminal which is to your far left after you get off the tender. When you get outside you will see the iron gate directly in front of you. Go through it and turn left, then walk just a very short way, maybe half a block, and turn left into an area that has some offices and shops. You cannot miss it. Go all the way down toward the water and the water taxi terminal is on your right..

Not sure which is which, but we were there in April that took a tour leaving from the same spot. Anyway, you walk out the terminal which is to your far left after you get off the tender. When you get outside you will see the iron gate directly in front of you. Go through it and turn left, then walk just a very short way, maybe half a block, and turn left into an area that has some offices and shops. You cannot miss it. Go all the way down toward the water and the water taxi terminal is on your right..

Thanks! That sounds like the directions on the San Pedro Belize Water Taxi site. If like to try to catch the 8am taxi and that one seems closest to the tourism village. Do you recall how long of a walk it was?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! That sounds like the directions on the San Pedro Belize Water Taxi site. If like to try to catch the 8am taxi and that one seems closest to the tourism village. Do you recall how long of a walk it was?

Be flexible with your "goal" of catching the 8 am water taxi IF you are coming off the ship and taking a tender. We were on a private excursion and were supposed to meet the water taxi for our tour at 9:30. I believe tenders started at 7:45. First tenders went to ship excursions. It was nearly 10 am by the time we got to the water taxi stand. Fortunately there were others on our ship on this excursion w/ us and they were still waiting for us!

Be flexible with your "goal" of catching the 8 am water taxi IF you are coming off the ship and taking a tender. We were on a private excursion and were supposed to meet the water taxi for our tour at 9:30. I believe tenders started at 7:45. First tenders went to ship excursions. It was nearly 10 am by the time we got to the water taxi stand. Fortunately there were others on our ship on this excursion w/ us and they were still waiting for us!

Thanks. I should have mentioned that we are on Carnival arriving at 7am local time AND we purchased 'Faster the the Fun'. Hopefully we will be off early enough for the 8am. Than we have the 9am as a backup. Seems like a reasonable plan, now to execute it. Fingers crossed. :)

Archived