Explorer of the Seas - Dec. 2, 2013

StarshipTexas

Hey Tom, will try to be there if I am awake lol

Does that mean you may be up late the night before partying the night away? Or do just like to sleep late on vacation?

We're in Ft Lauderdale now on hotel balcony awaiting arrival of the Allure. We board @ noon tomorrow. Saw the Oasis sail out this evening from a nearby restaurant on the beach.

More after the Allure returns us to the real life. :-)

Yeah I am a night owl. Hope there will be some night life on this sailing.

Love the Allure ( also the Oasis) did both inaugural sailings but for reason I prefer the Allure. Have sailed her 4 times so far

Night owl? Cool. That makes 2 of us. How many others with you on the cruise? There are 5 of us. 2 with me and 2 friends from Germany. Chilling with a cocktail under the stars by the hotel pool right now.

cruising by myself this year, but I know some folks who I have cruised with before who are on this sailing too

Glad you know others on this cruise. We switched to any time dining to better coordinate dining with our German friends. You're welcome to join us any time if you wish. Can't recall our cabin # off hand but will let you know so we can connect onboard. I believe it's on 6 aft, balcony. Detail later. Our friends are doing a b2b beginning our cruise. I would love to do that sometime. My longest was last Nov., 16 days TA from Rome to Galveston, Tx. We live in Houston south metro area.

Our friends from Germany are actually 1 German & 1 Brit. The Brit. is a flt. attendant. I'm with just 1 friend on the Allure. My B is dragging this morning, but no rush. I think our CC group has a banner. Better get moving now. Catch you on the return.

Ok. Got drink, cooled off, attitude now adjusted. Ugh, balcony cabin barely big enough for 2. Might need to upgrade on Explorer if possible. Cabin stewards not yet on duty. Bed not according to request. Will get done eventually. Nice ship but bit chaotic until everyone gets settled. Anxious to sail away. :)

Ok. Got drink, cooled off, attitude now adjusted. Ugh, balcony cabin barely big enough for 2. Might need to upgrade on Explorer if possible. Cabin stewards not yet on duty. Bed not according to request. Will get done eventually. Nice ship but bit chaotic until everyone gets settled. Anxious to sail away. :)

You will have a great time. If you guys have an aft balcony on the Exp you should be ok. I watching the webcam right now, looking for your cc banner

In Falmouth on local wifi. Will be anxious to hear why you are partial to the Allure. We've had one annoying hassle after another on this ship. RCI screwups. My loyalty is beginning to fail. Dec. 2nd may be the last RCI and that makes me sad.

More later. :)

Hi Michael. In Cozumel now enjoying margaritas by the water. Nice weather. Another issue came up with RCI, & C&A Society. So much to tell. Met a couple nice guys from CC but the FOD are just not organized as far as we've seen. Hope Explorer is better, but the Mariner spoiled us. Sea day tomorrow then back to FLL, then fly home late Sunday. Not all bad but my expectations were probably too high.

More soon. Take care.