Allure 9/22/13: A Story Review w/drama, humor, Pics & Video

The DREADFUL DAY 7 had arrived there was a lot going on today and I wanted to pack in as much as I could. However, I had the daunting task of packing. Instead of leaving it for the evening I decided to tackle it now when I have the most energy. DH did the usual, went to Park Café, got DD and I breakfast and brought it back to our cabin. I ate while I packed and it took me about 2 hours but it was all done (yippee!). Although I was a little down, I was going to have the best day at sea of the cruise!! However, I couldn’t help thinking about going back home and about the next vacation.

We went straight to the Aqua Theater to watch “Let me entertain you” we arrived early and got some pretty decent seats! The show was very cute and we enjoyed it very much! It filled up fast and soon enough the theater was packed.

_MG_5140-L.jpg

This guy was already working the crowd….

_MG_5135-L.jpg

_MG_5146-L.jpg

_MG_5144-L.jpg

One of the performers practices before the show…

_MG_5156-L.jpg

_MG_5158-L.jpg

Hi VegasChic,

Along with everyone else, I have been enjoying your great review. The pictures are amazing, and your writing style makes me feel like I'm on the cruise with you. I've been on Oasis, but not Allure.

Those tanks with the little fish. They are used in pedicures.The fish eat off dried skin and calises. I heard about them in the news, over a year ago. A few salons, here in the states, were trying them out. I don't think they went over very well in the states, as I haven't heard, or seen, anymore about them. I know I wouldn't have stuck my feet in one. LOL

Your daughter is beautiful, and not a bit camera shy.

After the show they announced that up next would be the Belly Flop competition, it was originally scheduled for earlier in the cruise but due to poor participation, they postponed it. We decided to stay and watch it and in-between sets, hubby took off and came back with some beers and a hot dog (yum!!)

_MG_5287-L.jpg

and here are some of the contestants….

_MG_5297-L.jpg

_MG_5299-L.jpg

_MG_5302-L.jpg

_MG_5301-L.jpg

_MG_5304-L.jpg

This guy has potential...

_MG_5312-L.jpg

I have no clue what this guy is trying to do...

_MG_5322-L.jpg

Okay he looks like he is trying to fly instead of belly flopping....

_MG_5329-L.jpg

If this was a diving contest, he would have taken it.....

_MG_5332-L.jpg

and then there's the master....

_MG_5336-L.jpg

_MG_5338-L.jpg

Hi Vivian, do remember what your Turkish server's name was in Chops?

I cannot!!! and trust me I asked 3 times plus I saw his girlfriend at Bingo and asked her and she spelled it for me and I still cannot remember!!!:confused: If it helps his girlfriend works on the ship as well she teaches the Beyonce and Michael Jackson dance classes.

It is my favorite review ! Thank you very much for sharing... :o

oops I didn't answer. My bf made the video! He is a CC member but since I taken over the computer he doesn't get to post a lot! He said he used Cyberlink Powerdirector and it was easier after the tutorials and some youtube stuff he researched.

What a video ! Amazing ! :eek:

I cannot!!! and trust me I asked 3 times plus I saw his girlfriend at Bingo and asked her and she spelled it for me and I still cannot remember!!!:confused: If it helps his girlfriend works on the ship as well she teaches the Beyonce and Michael Jackson dance classes.

Well this is a start.........LOL was he tall, like say 6'1'' or 6'2'' ? Bout 190 lbs? Emrah ?

OMG Yes that's him!!! Thank you!! How did you know?

yes we love that guy!!!!!!!I figured it was him because there aren't too many really good looking people in Chops that are also memorable waiters... he is one of them.

He used to take care of our family as a dining room waiter on the FOS. He told us he was moving to the then brand new Allure. HE was very good with the kids and yes he is very good looking. We always ask for him he calls by first name. He was off in July... glad to hear he is back on the ship!!!

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

yes we love that guy!!!!!!!i figured it was him because there aren't too many really good looking people in chops that are also memorable waiters... He is one of them.

He used to take care of our family as a dining room waiter on the fos. He told us he was moving to the then brand new allure. He was very good with the kids and yes he is very good looking. We always ask for him on the ALLURE and he calls us by first name. He was off in july... Glad to hear he is back on the ship!!!

edit

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

edit

Well thank you for realizing who I was referring too and telling me his name. I'm just missing one more name as I'm getting ready to write a letter. She works at Adventure Ocean and is also tall, blond and extremely nice I think she's from England. I will post a picture in a few minutes:)

It is my favorite review ! Thank you very much for sharing... :o

What a video ! Amazing ! :eek:

Wow, what a nice compliment, I'm glad that you are enjoying it! Sometimes I think I'm posting for myself (LOL). But I know there's many who just read and don't comment (I'm one of them!) and that's fine as long as it's being read I know my efforts are not just for me:D

Finally caught up on your fab review!

I wanted to let you know that your review made me make a huge decision! After reading the beginning of your review I made an ultimatum to my family- I am going on Allure-you can go with me or I'll go by myself! Well, they all have decided to go with :D. Thank you for your great pictures and sharing your family stories with us. I can't wait for this next year! Have a great next cruise,

Barb

We dropped DD off at AO then headed to the Amber Theater for Bingo, we purchased the package that included the bingo device and the paper cards I think it was $65 ( I apologize I forgot and someone correct me if I’m wrong). I think we played 4 or 5 games. The average prize pool for each game was about $250 with the grand prize winner at $3200 (estimated) unfortunately we were not one of those lucky winners.

_MG_5364-L.jpg

_MG_5366-L.jpg

_MG_5362-L.jpg

After Bingo, we headed to the AO Theater for the family talent show. The children spent the afternoon practicing for the show and even if your child does not have a talent, they will find one for them. Some of the performances included; singing, ballet recital, piano, dancing, juggling, karate demonstration and some other stuff I don’t remember. My daughter was partnered with another girl and they danced to “staying alive” (I think that was the song I have a terrible memory!) The show was hilarious and most of the parents were there.

Fiona made an appearance – she danced…

_MG_5371-L.jpg

Does anyone know this woman’s name??? She was the best at AO my DD only wanted to go when she was there.

_MG_5367-L.jpg

IMG_1283-L.jpg

Wow, what a nice compliment, I'm glad that you are enjoying it! Sometimes I think I'm posting for myself (LOL). But I know there's many who just read and don't comment (I'm one of them!) and that's fine as long as it's being read I know my efforts are not just for me:D

So many of us read and laugh and enjoy and don't post, but just know that we all are enjoying your review and being with your family as we read day to day reports. Thanks for taking the time to do the review.

Kay

I really wanted to see the best of the best competition on the flow-riders but after hearing good things about Blue Planet we chose to watch that instead. We didn’t have reservations for the show but we figured we’d go standby for the 5pm show. We arrived around 4:35 and stood in the line already formed. While in line I quickly took some photos of entertainment place.

IMG_5388-L.jpg

IMG_5387-L.jpg

IMG_5386-L.jpg

IMG_5389-L.jpg

They started letting the non-reservation guests in at about 4:50. We went straight upstairs but there was very few seats left. So we waited 5 minutes and they released the reserved seats. The show was nice honestly not my cup of tea. The sets were very nice, there was not a specific plot just random scenes and the singing was a little old school and boring for my taste. But please watch it for yourself like I've mentioned before I've seen many land based shows so I tend to be a little critical. So here are some pictures from the show....

_MG_5397-L.jpg

_MG_5401-L.jpg