Going to email concierge for my Oct 20 breakaway cruise. Some advice please

LuvTheSea14

We are sailing on the Breakaway Oct. 20 in an S5 Haven Courtyard Suite. First suite ever, very excited. We are celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary. I am going to email concierge with our pillow and coffee choices. Many people ask for snacks in the afternoon. What kinds of snacks can we ask for? Is this free? Are the snacks free? We wanted to have dinner in our room on the only night we do not have a Specialty Restaurant booked, how do we do this? Also thought we might have breakfast in our room a couple of mornings. Does anyone know if a lounge chair fits on our balcony along with the two chairs and table? Any other ideas would be helpful. As I said we never did this before and I assume the more we ask of the butler, the more we will tip him. Honestly, I feel funny asking someone to do things for me so I would like to know what is "normal". I don't want to be a pain or pushy. Lol

You're not pushy at all! The afternoon snacks are free - they deliver different things like chocolate covered strawberries, canapés, cookies. If there is something you like or don't like, just tell the butler. We prefer cheese and crackers in the afternoon, so that's what we asked for. My girls love chocolate chip cookies, so he brought them every day.

As far as in-suite dining, ask your butler. You order from him and he delivers it to your suite. You can even order from a specialty restaurant. Same with breakfast. Although I haven't been in the Haven Restaurant on Breakaway, the haven restaurant on Epic had a great breakfast. Yum!

Concierge takes care of things outside of your room - dinner and show reservations and the like. Butler takes care of things inside your room - in-suite dining, snacks, etc.

Pre-concierge takes care of some things but they have been hit or miss with getting stuff correct as far as I can see. They were fine for me, but some of my stuff wasn't done. No big deal. Just ask your butler onboard.

Not sure which room you're in, but if you want different chairs on your balcony, ask your butler.

None of the things mentioned are out of the ordinary - they're in the scope of what the butler does. A tip at the end is suggested and you'll see that they really do work so hard to keep you happy.

Have a wonderful time! I get home the day you get on. I may actually leave some rum onboard for the next sailing. hahahaha

As for the lounge chair, it probably won't fit - we were in an S4 and it was absolutely the smallest suite balcony we have ever had. The S5 balcony is a little bigger, but not enough for a lounger I think, and very doubtful it will fit in addition to the other furniture. Wait and see once you are on board.

Daily afternoon snacks come automatically. You can request more or different snacks whenever you want. Best to find out what you like or don't like on board and request then. No need to arrange ahead of time. For example, on our Baltics Capitals cruise, we came home hungry from our first port visit (we had six in two suites, but always gathered in the OS). We asked the butler to bring us a few sandwiches and he showed up about 15 minutes later with a platter of mixed finger sandwiches. We thoroughly enjoyed them, and after that, we had a platter waiting for us every afternoon after port visits.

All meals served in your suite are arranged with your butler on board. For breakfasts, you can either call them in to the butler in the morning or use the hang-tag menu on your doorknob the night before. For dinners, you can simply call in your order and it will be delivered, just like room service. I would suggest that if you prefer the dinner served course-by-course during busy times, you arrange it ahead of time with the butler (it should be no problem, but on occasion the butler has too many duties to perform this service perfectly).

I think that quite often, people get kind of "hung up" on the pre-cruise concierge requests. Sure, for allergies/health issues (no feather pillows) or reservations its very handy. But pretty much everything can be done once in board. You will quickly get the hang of using the butler, and they will quickly learn how to make your sailing most memorable. We don't request much, but find that they often intuitively know what makes us happy (like the sandwiches above, or the trmendous amounts of ice we go through, etc). Have fun!

Robin

We were in a s5 15106 and we asked for a lounger and it was there when we got back to the room. It fit nicely even with the 2 chairs and table. We ordered pillows from the pre concierge but nothing we asked for from them were in the room. We just asked our butler and they were done immediately Excellent service

I wonder if you can have Teppanyaki brought to the room? I love the food but have seen the "show" many times so I wouldn't mind missing it and saving the reservation at the table for someone who hasn't seen it.

I think Teppanyaki is one of those things that has to be done in person. You can ask, but I would be surprised if it would be allowed. Come back and let us know if you try.

I wonder if you can have Teppanyaki brought to the room? I love the food but have seen the "show" many times so I wouldn't mind missing it and saving the reservation at the table for someone who hasn't seen it.

We Love Hibachi meals. But they just aren't the same if they're not hot of the hibachi. We have a Japanese steakhouse within walking distance. They have those sunken tables. My girls always wanted to sit there but the food isn't as good, even though it's basically the same. So, now we always sit around the hibachi tables.

This is the only place they don't allow you to take what you don't finish or get "to-go".

Twice I haven't been able to finish it and asked if I could take back to my suite to eat later and they said no.

This is the only place they don't allow you to take what you don't finish or get "to-go".

Twice I haven't been able to finish it and asked if I could take back to my suite to eat later and they said no.

Wow! That's crazy. BUT, here at home, we'll combine leftovers and have at least 2 complete meal.... Maybe they think you'll feed someone else!? But that's crazy! You pay for the food and if you can't eat it all in one sitting, why can't you take it to go!?!?

Wow! That's crazy. BUT, here at home, we'll combine leftovers and have at least 2 complete meal.... Maybe they think you'll feed someone else!? But that's crazy! You pay for the food and if you can't eat it all in one sitting, why can't you take it to go!?!?

Might be trying to prevent food poisoning? Where would you keep it, not all rooms have a fridge?

Archived