Need advice on Captain Bryan's catamaran tour

renee1222

We have already signed up for this excursion and I realized today that it ends at 2:00 local cayman time, which is 3:00 for our ship time. Our last tender back to the ship is at 3:15. Has anyone else had to cut it this close getting back onboard, and if we request an earlier return time (by 30 minutes or so), would he be able to accommodate? I think we will be the only ship in port that day.

We did this tour in July 2012. It was Amazing! They were very good about time and getting you back before the last tender. And even when we got back to the port, there was huge line waiting to get back on the ship. Have a great time!

Brenda (taz967)

Who did you book the trip with? I know when we booked with Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions, they gave us the time from when we left the port to when we got back to the port and we were back a little earlier. Check to see if that's the time for port to port or the actual time on the boat. If its the time you get off the boat, it maybe cutting it close.

Check when you are going as well. Cayman is the same time as florida when you are not on daylight savings time, I think.. You'd better double check with them as I may have it backwards:-) All I remember is that part of the year its the same time and part of the year, the time is different:rolleyes:

Is this the Buccaneer tour? If it is, its a great tour:)

Yes, it is the Buccaneer excursion. The time is 10:00-2:00, transport time included, so I think that would be the time we get back to the port. However, I'm not sure what terminal we will be at (there are 3) and there is a possible short walk back to the cruise terminal. We are cruising next week, during daylight savings time, so from what I understand, they will be the same as central time. Our ship, however, will be on eastern time and I have heard from recent cruisers that the ship stayed on eastern time the entire cruise. So, 3:15 eastern will be 2:15 local time.

Do they drop you off right beside your cruise terminal? If so, I don't think we would have a problem. We are both in good physical shape and could run if we needed to, but I'd rather not!

I'm glad to hear y'all were back a little earlier. I'm thinking that if everyone on the excursion are all from the same ship they will be able to get us back in time.

Yes that's right, so you will have plenty of time, you'll be back at the port by 2pm latest and all of the terminals are in the same area, at most I would say a 5 minute walk. Are you sure your last tender isn't 3:15 local time? What at the port times?

Archived