Breakaway - Aft Facing Penthouse Suite S6

cruiser01

Just booked this category to Bermuda in July 2014. I booked cabin 10312 (config B).

My main question is do people prefer the config A (bedroom window) or config B (bathroom window).

I can't decide. We will be 2 adults and 2 kids (6 & 3).

Pros of Config B:

- cleaner layout

- big shower

- big bathtub by window

- main con: smaller bedroom

Config A:

- window in bedroom

- extra balcony door in bedroom

- bigger bedroom

- main cons: very small shower, kind of odd layout

There are still cabins of each left to pick. Would like to hear opinions. I am torn....

Thanks!

Just booked this category to Bermuda in July 2014. I booked cabin 10312 (config B).

My main question is do people prefer the config A (bedroom window) or config B (bathroom window).

Pros of Config B:

- cleaner layout

- big shower

- big bathtub by window

Config A:

- window in bedroom

- bigger bedroom

There are still cabins of each left to pick. Would like to hear opinions. I am torn....

Thanks!

If your children will be sleeping in the living room area, it may be good to have access to the balcony through your bedroom. You won't have to disturb them if you want to sit outside while they sleep.

I am not trVeling with children but like the idea of the extra balcony access.

Pros of Config B:

- cleaner layout

- big shower

- big bathtub by window

Config A:

- window in bedroom

- bigger bedroom

Thanks!

We were in 10312. There is a extremely generous amount of storage in this cabin, so add that to your list of Pros for traveling with 4.

I was in 14272. I loved the balcony door in the bedroom as I didn't have to walk past sleeping kids to go outside. :)

In that room, there was the closet in the bedroom plus two other smaller closets.

I did not think the shower was small. That's just my opinion. The bathtub was also very nice size.

I was also able to see the fireworks from this balcony as it is portside. Beautiful view.

It really depends on what you are looking for in a room. I personally need a window at least where I sleep. Not all feel the same.

Enjoy. That balcony is amazing.

Pros of Config B:

- cleaner layout

- big shower

- big bathtub by window

Config A:

- window in bedroom

- bigger bedroom

Thanks!

We originally booked deck 13 s7. Then saw that claustrophobic balcony and moved to deck 13 s6. Then I saw that deck had the smallest balcony so we moved to deck 12 s6. I would switch from starboard to port in order to see fireworks from my balcony but, that room is booked! I considered moving to deck 11 for the other layout AND being port side, but my husband says we've already moved too many times! Lol I like the additional balcony access. And we will be traveling with our daughters who will be 9&7. He says he wants the bigger balcony and wants to soak in the tub and see the ocean! Lol I think we'll be able to get natural light into the bedroom through the bathroom too. I also liked conf A because the makeup table was right at the window! I'd love to be able to do my (LONG) hair while looking out to sea! I think another con to conf. B could be steam in the bathroom from my husbands shower while I'm trying to do hair&makeup! Lol but I haven't heard anyone complain about this.

Good luck deciding!!

Edited by English101

Loved the Deck 11 layout used the balcony door off bedroom more than the one off the living room. I'm sure you must have read my review of the Deck 11 configuration, but if you missed it, you can find it in my signature.

Either S6 room type is the most fabulous choice! You can't go wrong either way. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Ah, we are booked in the same cabin for May 25th sailing :-) This will be our first aft PH suite, so I can't tell you either way. I chose this configuration because I wanted the window in the bath. I figure that it will be darker in the bedroom = even better sleeping! Since it is just DH and me, having access to the balcony from both sides wasn't important. But in your case, I'd consider it with your kids sleeping in the living area.

Definitely port side for fireworks view :-)

We have booked cabin 12904 (config B) on our Getaway cruise in October 2014. I chose this cabin for 2 reasons - the really large balcony and the entrance to the Splash Academy (kids club) is on the same deck. We can just walk straight past the entrance and drop our 8 year old son off at Splash Academy before heading up to the Haven. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a cruise in 11308 (S6 port). The cabin was great. The layout seemed very logical to me. If we were traveling with kids, having alternate access to the balcony seems like a big plus.

The bath and shower in config B were pretty, but how much time do you spend in the bath room. I'm a big guy and the shower in config A was fine.

I have to laugh when I hear about the discussion of the balcony size. I think they are all in the 240-300 sq ft range. Ours was about 260 sq ft. We had 10 plus people on the balcony during the Bermuda sailaway and could have handled 10-20 more with ease. The balconies are huge.:D

Do all the cabins that you are considering have 2 bathrooms?

The S6's have one bedroom and a sleeper couch in the "living room" which is extremely firm. Others said they got some sort of padding from the cabin steward to soften the couch for sleeping.

The S6's have one bedroom and a sleeper couch in the "living room" which is extremely firm. Others said they got some sort of padding from the cabin steward to soften the couch for sleeping.

Definitely ask for pillow toppers. We had two toppers on and my kids still felt it was a little hard. They didn't complain but they are used to a memory foam mattress, so it may have felt really firm to them. :)

I booked congf A for my Aug 2014 cruise cabin 11908. I wanted the window in the bedroom. I was actually able to go into the suite on my BA cruise this past Aug. Before I disembarked off the BA I went to the cabin to see if the room steward left the door open while cleaning and it was open :) the room is GORGEOUS!! I can't wait til I can be in the suite!!

• 7 months later...

I'm a solo traveler, currently booked in S6 #10312 for August sailing. It is the configuration B with the windows in the bathroom and no window in the bedroom. This is the same config. I had on the breakaway in April and I loved the dark bedroom.

But now I'm intrigued reading about configuration A - of the S6 suites - - having an additional balcony entrance door from the bedroom and the windows in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom.

Question, how can I determine which of the S6 cabins have the configuration "A" with the windows in the bedroom and the additional balcony door from the bedroom? I don't know how to identify them in case I want to make a change.

Thanks in advance Getaway cruisers!

I'm a solo traveler, currently booked in S6 #10312 for August sailing. It is the configuration B with the windows in the bathroom and no window in the bedroom. This is the same config. I had on the breakaway in April and I loved the dark bedroom.

But now I'm intrigued reading about configuration A - of the S6 suites - - having an additional balcony entrance door from the bedroom and the windows in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom.

Question, how can I determine which of the S6 cabins have the configuration "A" with the windows in the bedroom and the additional balcony door from the bedroom? I don't know how to identify them in case I want to make a change.

Decks 11 & 14 have this configuration.

Thanks in advance Getaway cruisers.

Only the S6 cabins on decks 11 and 14 have the configuration "A" with the additional door from the bedroom.

Have you seen this very helpful spreadsheet put together by a CC member? Here is the link, it will answer your question (of course this is based on the Breakaway)!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

I have stayed in both configurations and for our third cruise on BA in October, we are going with the "B" configuration - we like the dark bedroom!

Configuration A is on decks 11 and 14 only..

The balcony off the bedroom was amazing, and the bathroom was a great setup. I did not like the bathroom overlooking the balcony setup. We loved deck 11 and the balcony was huge. It was first time out of the actual Haven and would not do it agin but the room was great.