Disney World & Disney Cruise

millertimecruising

My family and I were on the Disney Fantasy this past June. I am looking at the possiblity of combining a cruise on the Dream and Disney World for June of 2014. I'm hoping to get some insight from those of you who have done this kind of a vacation before. I'm thinking of coming in on June 15 and being able to be at the parks on the 16, 17 and 18 and then head out on the Dream the 19th for a 3 night cruise. Any advice, suggestions, cost saving ideas would be very appreciated. Thank you.

My family and I were on the Disney Fantasy this past June. I am looking at the possiblity of combining a cruise on the Dream and Disney World for June of 2014. I'm hoping to get some insight from those of you who have done this kind of a vacation before. I'm thinking of coming in on June 15 and being able to be at the parks on the 16, 17 and 18 and then head out on the Dream the 19th for a 3 night cruise. Any advice, suggestions, cost saving ideas would be very appreciated. Thank you.

I would say book through a TA who can book both, you might get some deal on on board credits.

Care at WDW at the first part of June its very very busy, there is an annual event at that time which packs the parks out.

I would go to WDW information about how full the parks are on those days and then decide on what days to do what.

DCL can pick you up at WDW resorts, though its often to be late morning when your picked up the good news is they take your luggage from resort direct to the ship.

Search/google navigators for your cruise.

To save costs

Organize your own travel insurance not DCL.

Book through an authorized DCL TA.

Maybe drive yourself to port, you can pay $35 for them to take luggage direct without the coach transfer.

Book early and get early pricing book very late and gamble on availability for special rates.

We've tacked on park days with our cruises twice this yr. You can get a TA if you want, or you don't have to. In our case, our cruise will be Mon-Fri (early). So we can get into town late fri night (whether we fly or drive depends on rates, either way, we will be there the fri night prior) and then have park days Sat, Sun and embark Mon, debark early Fri and can still do a park Fri and Sat (Sat optional) and then go back home. So you can arrange it however you want, I think we are going to do a SeaWorld day in there, etc. There are good ticket deals depending on what you want.

We got our hotel this year off orbitz (along with some airfare) and it was like $50 right there in Buena Vista (a "Disney Neighbor" or friendly hotel etc, works with the parks) and even had free shuttle to the park that saved us $14 in parking and got us there before the park opening ceremony (which I have never before seen in my life! ever! It was nice to be early for once.)

Anyway the beauty is, you can arrange all this with some time and a keyboard, or you can ask a TA for help. (That is up to you.)

I LOVE a Land & Sea trip! Its the ultimate Disney trip!

We've tacked on park days with our cruises twice this yr. You can get a TA if you want, or you don't have to. In our case, our cruise will be Mon-Fri (early). So we can get into town late fri night (whether we fly or drive depends on rates, either way, we will be there the fri night prior) and then have park days Sat, Sun and embark Mon, debark early Fri and can still do a park Fri and Sat (Sat optional) and then go back home. So you can arrange it however you want, I think we are going to do a SeaWorld day in there, etc. There are good ticket deals depending on what you want.

We got our hotel this year off orbitz (along with some airfare) and it was like $50 right there in Buena Vista (a "Disney Neighbor" or friendly hotel etc, works with the parks) and even had free shuttle to the park that saved us $14 in parking and got us there before the park opening ceremony (which I have never before seen in my life! ever! It was nice to be early for once.)t

Anyway the beauty is, you can arrange all this with some time and a keyboard, or you can ask a TA for help. (That is up to you.)

I LOVE a Land & Sea trip! Its the ultimate Disney trip!

What hotel did you stay at? How did you go about your meals? Do you think you saved money by doing it this way? I know you mentioned that the hotel shuttle took you to Magic Kingdom but did they take you to other parks as well? I really like your idea of having a couple of park days before and after the cruise. I haven't heard that before.

I highly recommend getting one of the travel agents that specialize in Disney. We were able to get OBC from ours and she did a great job comparing the various options available (2 connecting rooms vs. a suite, various hotels at WDW, etc.)

We spent three days at WDW and then did a seven night cruise on the Fantasy. Great vacation!

In 4 days we leave for 8 nights at WDW and then on the Disney Dream. We booked it directly through Disney, so perhaps we could have done it different and saved some, but I'm happy with what we're getting and for the cost involved. I'll let you know how it went in about 2.5 weeks :) That's when I'll be sobbing quietly in the corner because it will all be over ;)

Archived