R-Bar or other drink recipes?

After having at least one Cucumber Fizz a day for 7 days, I didn't want to go into shock when I got home so I paid very close attention to the wonderful R-Bar staff preparing my favorite drink so I could recreate it at home. I'll post my recipe below.

For thread purposes, have you recreated your favorite Royal Caribbean cocktail at home? Post your recipe's here! (Bonus points for Tiramisu or Black Forest Martini's.)

Cucumber Fizz

Cut off 2-3 inches of a standard cucumber. Peel and chop.

Muddle the chopped cucumber, add fresh juice of 1/2 lime. Muddle some more.

Add one ounce of St Germain elderberry liquor.

Add two ounces of Hendricks Gin.

Shake.

Pour over rocks, top with club soda. Garnish with cucumber slice.

Yields 2 cocktails.

I enjoyed several Sapphire Collins' each night on my recent cruise and am really craving them now I'm back on land. I "tried" to make one the other night but it didn't even resemble the ones the skilled bartender had so expertly made. Maybe next time I can smuggle him home in my suitcase? :)

According to the Bombay Sapphire website, the recipe is:

Ingredients

50ml Bombay Sapphire

Juice of half a lemon

100ml soda water

2tsp caster sugar

Wedge of fresh lemon

Ice

Method

Add the lemon juice and sugar to a tall glass and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Bombay Sapphire then fill the glass with ice and stir. Top up with soda water and stir carefully once more. Garnish with one fresh lemon wedge.

This is a little different from the R Bar recipe which used simple syrup instead of caster sugar and was shaken instead of stirred.

I enjoyed several Sapphire Collins' each night on my recent cruise and am really craving them now I'm back on land. I "tried" to make one the other night but it didn't even resemble the ones the skilled bartender had so expertly made. Maybe next time I can smuggle him home in my suitcase? :)

According to the Bombay Sapphire website, the recipe is:

Ingredients

50ml Bombay Sapphire

Juice of half a lemon

100ml soda water

2tsp caster sugar

Wedge of fresh lemon

Ice

Method

Add the lemon juice and sugar to a tall glass and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Bombay Sapphire then fill the glass with ice and stir. Top up with soda water and stir carefully once more. Garnish with one fresh lemon wedge.

This is a little different from the R Bar recipe which used simple syrup instead of caster sugar and was shaken instead of stirred.

I use simple syrup instead of sugar and I shake the ingredients, less the soda water. The Bombay recipe also seems light on the soda water.

I use :

2 parts gin ( I use Beefeaters, it's cheaper than Bombay Sapphire ):D

1 part lemon juice

Splash of syrup

Shake with ice, strain into tall glass filled with ice and top off with soda water.

Works every time.

It's worth posting again!:eek:

GOTTA HAVE MY MUDSLIDE!:p

Ultimate Mudslide recipe:

30 ml vodka

30 ml Kahlua® coffee liqueur

30 ml Bailey's® Irish cream

60 ml cream

60 ml milk

1 banana

3 ice cubes

grated chocolate

Place all ingredients, except grated chocolate, in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glass and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Serve in: Margarita Glass. Enjoy!!!

Several cruises ago, I fell in love with the Sparkling Asian Pear served at the pool bar.

My take on it (using a rocks glass filled with ice), equal parts Absolut Pear Vodka and sweet and sour. Then top off with Sprite. Oh so good!

Archived