NCL Enhanced cruise credit for non-covered reasons

Does anyone know the restrictions regarding the enhanced cancellation feature that is provided by NCL as part of their trip insurance. Just wondering if there are blackout dates and other limitations/restrictions placed on how you can utilize the credit.

I do no that it expires in 1 year and that it provides either 75% or 90% reimbursement of non-covered expenses depending on which plan you purchase.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide. Customer service was very vague when asked this question.

I cancelled a cruise on the Gem with two weeks notice this last August. Basically, after you cancel, you have to contact the insurance co and file a claim. I did so with the ins co's help (completely non-covered reason) and they assisted me in filling out the form, which I emailed in. Then, the insurance co has to "reject" the claim, which mine did in late Sept. They sent the letter of rejection to NCL, and I just received letters today from NCL with our credit (haven't calculated out, but it's pretty close to 75%). Credit letter says it "must be used to complete final payment on a confirmed reservation at which time the fare will be reduced". " Not valid retroactively, and has no cash value other than payment towards a future cruise". "nCL must be notified at the time of booking a future cruise that a cruise credit certificate will be applied to voyage being booked". "his certificate cannot be applied to government taxes and fees, air add-ons, land packages, travel insurance, shore excursions, gratuities, incidentals or any purchases of a personal nature. It is non transferable and may not be combined with other cruise certificates or fare reduction coupons". Valid for eighteen months from our cancellation date (not cancelled cruise date but date we cancelled).

Each letter is in the passenger's name that was to sail (one for hubby and one for myself in our case).

Hope this helps!

Robin

Archived