Cozumel Bar Hop review

trmom2

My husband and I were on the Disney Fantasy and stopped in Cozumel on October 2 last week. We were lucky enough to go on the Cozumel Bar Hop. I contacted Tom, the owner, back in July. He sent an email back right away saying we needed a few more to confirm and he would let me know if it was a go. In July he sent the confirmation and the weekend before the cruise he sent the details.

As background, I have booked this 2 times before and never got enough people to go (I think he needs 6). Once he had to cancel the week before and even called me at home to be sure I knew it was cancelled. I received a prompt refund in all cases.

But this time we would finally go. In his final confirmation email Tom said there were seats available so I made extra copies of my email just in case we met anyone that wanted to go. Grace, one of our tablemates, was interested so the 3 of us met in front of Carlos N Charlies. One other couple was also on the tour (Sue & Mark were strangers at the start but good friends at the end). At 10:15 Greg showed up and told us that 2 cancelled at the last minute so there were only the 5 of us. We headed to the van and we headed to the other side of the island while Greg talked about himself and how he came to live in Cozumel. He also talked about different aspects of the other side of the island.

The other side of the island is beautiful. We stopped at 4 bars (Punta Morena, Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and Rasta's) and got a small drink/shot at each. We also ordered food (not included) and another drink. All the bars were just a little bit different and the people were wonderful. After the second bar, the party music started on the van and we all started singing (mostly the girls). It was a great way for adults that like to try the mexican food and drinks to see the other side of the island. We talked about it the rest of the week and all agreed we would do it again.

We also got t-shirts free and bought a few koozies to remember the good time.

My husband and I were on the Disney Fantasy and stopped in Cozumel on October 2 last week. We were lucky enough to go on the Cozumel Bar Hop. I contacted Tom, the owner, back in July. He sent an email back right away saying we needed a few more to confirm and he would let me know if it was a go. In July he sent the confirmation and the weekend before the cruise he sent the details.

As background, I have booked this 2 times before and never got enough people to go (I think he needs 6). Once he had to cancel the week before and even called me at home to be sure I knew it was cancelled. I received a prompt refund in all cases.

But this time we would finally go. In his final confirmation email Tom said there were seats available so I made extra copies of my email just in case we met anyone that wanted to go. Grace, one of our tablemates, was interested so the 3 of us met in front of Carlos N Charlies. One other couple was also on the tour (Sue & Mark were strangers at the start but good friends at the end). At 10:15 Greg showed up and told us that 2 cancelled at the last minute so there were only the 5 of us. We headed to the van and we headed to the other side of the island while Greg talked about himself and how he came to live in Cozumel. He also talked about different aspects of the other side of the island.

The other side of the island is beautiful. We stopped at 4 bars (Punta Morena, Coconuts, Playa Bonita, and Rasta's) and got a small drink/shot at each. We also ordered food (not included) and another drink. All the bars were just a little bit different and the people were wonderful. After the second bar, the party music started on the van and we all started singing (mostly the girls). It was a great way for adults that like to try the mexican food and drinks to see the other side of the island. We talked about it the rest of the week and all agreed we would do it again.

We also got t-shirts free and bought a few koozies to remember the good time.

Glad to see you and "Jeff" got home OK. Already used my koozie can't wait to do the Bar Hop again in March.

Try the coconut shrimp at Rasta's. Very good. We had the guacamole at punta morena and chicken quesadilla at coconuts. Also, very good.

Nascarchic: Hi, yes "Jeff" and I are home although I got sick the day after. I think I just need more Margaritas!!

Missed the question about money. We spent $95 for 3 people. That included 1 order of food at each place that we split (chips & guac, quesadilla, coconut shrimp and something else I forgot), a beer at 4 bars, 2 small margaritas at 2 bars and we split a big margarita at the other 2 bars.

Thanks for the review. We will be doing this tour in 2 weeks. Any drinks/food that you would recommend?

Ditto on the coconut shrimp at Rasta's. For drinks, Playa Bonita (3rd stop). Look on the menu for the Pineapple and Coconut drinks. It's ashame you can't take them back on the boat. When you see a coconut and pineapple with faces on them, just point.

:D

Archived