AFT Cabin B739 Photos - Royal Princess

Princess#2

We just returned from the September 15 sailing on the Royal Princess. We were in B738 which is a deluxe balcony. This balcony was very large and half covered. This was a very nice room and one of the best balconies. At times there was some black soot on the uncovered part of the balcony from the ship's overhead exhaust. We just wiped the railing and table top off every morning. If we ever sail on the Royal again, we will be sure to get a stateroom on this aft deck!

Only the balconies on Baja and Dolphin decks, like OPs B739, are larger and half covered. The balconies on Marina and Riviera decks are larger and uncovered. On the other three decks the balconies are the same as standard Grand class balconies which are about a foot deeper than the standard Royal balcony.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't read much about the aft balconies on Emerald deck. I just booked E731. I usually book an Aft cabin however this is my first time on the Royal and the first time on the lowest level of aft cabins. Does anyone have any info or comments regarding this cabin

We chose an aft balcony on Dolphin deck so the people above can't look down on you. I'm ok with that on one of the side balconies because I don't think a lot of people stand on the side of the ship and look down. (other than people in the cabins around you) But lots of people stand at the back of the ship watching the wake.

We chose an aft balcony on Dolphin deck so the people above can't look down on you. I'm ok with that on one of the side balconies because I don't think a lot of people stand on the side of the ship and look down. (other than people in the cabins around you) But lots of people stand at the back of the ship watching the wake.
With the way the aft cabins are tiered, the only people who can look down on a Emerald deck balconies are those on Dolphin deck. I would choose Dolphin or Baja deck because those aft balconies are larger and partially covered like the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 9 months later...