Live from the Dawn!

Smellytoes

Well not really. I just went and walked the dog and I can see the Dawn in port waiting for me:D

After a two year hiatus from cruising (we tried an all-inclusive resort this summer and Atlantis last summer) it's finally my turn. I'll check in here during the cruise if anyone has any questions.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Considering Dawn or Breakaway for December. Obviously one has the nicer ship and not as nice itinerary, and vice versa for the other. Trying to decide which is better/more important. Thanks and enjoy!

Well not really. I just went and walked the dog and I can see the Dawn in port waiting for me:D

After a two year hiatus from cruising (we tried an all-inclusive resort this summer and Atlantis last summer) it's finally my turn. I'll check in here during the cruise if anyone has any questions.

How nice to see the Dawn waiting for you. Hope it's OK with the dog!

Enjoy your cruise!

Can't wait to see her for myself! Soon! Very soon!!

I actually have a question for you. Would you mind going up to deck 11 and seeing what is directly across the hall from cabin 11056? That is where I am staying for my cruise and the blank space on the deck plans has me just a little concerned. I don't really like the idea of it being a closet for the cabin stewards(might result in noise).

Can't wait to see her for myself! Soon! Very soon!!

I actually have a question for you. Would you mind going up to deck 11 and seeing what is directly across the hall from cabin 11056? That is where I am staying for my cruise and the blank space on the deck plans has me just a little concerned. I don't really like the idea of it being a closet for the cabin stewards(might result in noise).

I just sailed in cabin 10595 and had to find out that there is pool equipment on deck 11 for the pool above it on deck 12 . ( not much noise BUT a constant pump clic type noise )

Hi Joanne,

Glad to hear you're going back to cruising.

We're sailing the Breakaway on 11/17. Can't wait to see Hugo again. New ship, lots to see & do. No excursions, just exploring the ship. We booked a Haven/Spa suite.

When are you sailing? Looking forward to your cruise posts.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Hi Joanne,

Glad to hear you're going back to cruising.

We're sailing the Breakaway on 11/17. Can't wait to see Hugo again. New ship, lots to see & do. No excursions, just exploring the ship. We booked a Haven/Spa suite.

When are you sailing? Looking forward to your cruise posts.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Hi Monty!

I'm on the Dawn right now. Bermuda is beautifull as always and the weather here is great. Horseshoe Bay today was amazing. I hope you have a great cruise.

I have to add that we left our house at 11:00 exactly. We were at the ship at 11:12 and in our room at 11:35. (this includes DH being stopped and having his little scissors taken away)

So that was twelve minutes from the front door to the ship. The record still stands at 7 minutes.

I have to add that we left our house at 11:00 exactly. We were at the ship at 11:12 and in our room at 11:35. (this includes DH being stopped and having his little scissors taken away)

So that was twelve minutes from the front door to the ship. The record still stands at 7 minutes.

Impressive, have fun and share anything you think noteworthy with us.

One thing I find noteworthy is the food has been excellent everywhere. The best we've ever had.

Good to hear, we'll be on the Dawn for the first time and have read some mixed reviews about the food.m

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailing 3/23/14 on the Carnival Legend

Will you ask if Captain Paul will still be onboard for the Nov. 1st Repo cruise please .

Roel will be here until January. He's been great.

Any idea until what date in January? We will be on the 19th of January and looking to see who concierge will be and also if you can what butlers???? Thank you in advance.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Norma

Off the ship at 9:00. Got luggage and was home at 9:20. Not too bad.

It was a great cruise overall. The staff on the Dawn were all great. Roel did a great job his first time as concierge.

I have to give special mention to Flor our butler. This was her first cruise back after vacation. She spent 3 days and 4 flights getting from the Phillipines to Boston and had to work the day she arrived. She was professional and smiling when I would have been crying. That jet lag must have been awful.

Archived