I Wi Fi available in most ports going from Bucharest to Cologne ??

Is Wi Fi available in most ports going from Bucharest to Cologne ??

Probably hit or miss. A lot will depend on who you're going with...I believe Vantage now has wifi throughout each ship. As for on shore, it depends and I wish I could be more helpful. The further into Germany you go the better it will be. Most of the ports will have a McDonald's or an internet cafe but trust me the service can be unreliable. I spent almost an hour in a McD's in Brussels and never did get on line for more than 10 seconds! You might fare better in the internet cafe. I would check with Vantage...and have a fantastic trip.

Try http://v4.jiwire.com/search-hotspot-locations.htm for shore based availability. This is also available as an APP for both Apple and Android. It is definitely not all inclusive, but it is one of the best resources available. Bucharest is especially short on availability, particularly for free access. I would expect spotty availability on the ship, particularly on the eastern end of the voyage.

Try http://v4.jiwire.com/search-hotspot-locations.htm for shore based availability. This is also available as an APP for both Apple and Android. It is definitely not all inclusive, but it is one of the best resources available. Bucharest is especially short on availability, particularly for free access. I would expect spotty availability on the ship, particularly on the eastern end of the voyage.

I had that app or one similar to it on my itouch. It did bring me to McD's but problem was I coundn't get.on line anyway!

I think OP is sailing on Vantage and I'm almost certain they now have wifi throughout their ships especially new ones and I would imagine this cruise is on the new ship. Of course the service could still be spotty.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the viking magni at the moment, we are amidship middle floor, depending on your device wi fi is good or spotty. In the lounge and reading areas it has been excellent from Budapest to werzberg where we are now. Viking even has provided us with fabulous weather!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Forums mobile app

Archived