Tipping Adventure Ocean Staff?

gigglets

For those of you who have tipped or plan to tip, how do you figure out how much to tip? Do you tip to each person individually or leave one envelope with guest services for them to divide among the staff?

I didn't think my son would like Adv Ocean so I didn't ask in advance for info about tips and what we should do. He tried it on day 2 and loved it and asked to go to the playroom every other day! We left $60 with guest services for a 8 night cruise figuring he used the services on 6 of the days and that was a $10/day tip, but feel like that may not be enough because if we were getting a babysitter at home for that time we would have paid a lot more for the amount of time he was with them. Does the staff get paid well or do they rely on the tips the same way the waiters/stateroom attendants do? We just want to be more prepared for future cruises and wondered how other parents tip (or if they just don't).

Archived