Dream at Christmas

My parents have just announced that they have booked a 2 week cruise on the Dream over Christmas. I have just done a search on port reports but cannot find them. Can somebody link me through to them please? They are doing Latin Gems: Bonaire, Aruba, Curaçao, Grenada, Barbados then Caribbean Charms: St Marsrten, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Vincent & Tobago.

Would be grateful of your help so I can print it off for them.

Many thanks

Jules

My parents have just announced that they have booked a 2 week cruise on the Dream over Christmas. I have just done a search on port reports but cannot find them. Can somebody link me through to them please? They are doing Latin Gems: Bonaire, Aruba, Curaçao, Grenada, Barbados then Caribbean Charms: St Marsrten, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Vincent & Tobago.

Would be grateful of your help so I can print it off for them.

Many thanks

Jules

Of interest to me too as we are going on these in January. Have done some of the islands this year, but a few new ones there for us. Did trips rather than stay in the ports, so will be interested in any comments on things to do locally this time round.

Gill

Can't believe how reasonable it was for them to book the cruise - it was cheaper (much!) for them to go for 2 weeks from 15th Dec than it would be to go for 1 week from 22nd December!

We are booked on that cruise and found the big price difference. My daughter was going to come with us for the week from 22nd and couldn't believe how much more it was. We are retired so the date suits us. We don't mind not being away for New year. We have booked a few tours independently. Lot cheaper. If your parents log in with their booking ref etc. the whole itinary comes up as well as picture of cabin booked.

I'm on that one too, well the first week anyway, then we stay for a week on Barbados!! Mega excited because we haven't been that part of the world yet!

What trips have you booked Maxymaxy1? I have looked at them on the Thomson website but not looked at anything in debt yet. Hubby wants us to do our own thing onshore as much as possible.

I'm on that one too, well the first week anyway, then we stay for a week on Barbados!! Mega excited because we haven't been that part of the world yet!

What trips have you booked Maxymaxy1? I have looked at them on the Thomson website but not looked at anything in debt yet. Hubby wants us to do our own thing onshore as much as possible.

Hi, we have booked all our trips ourselves. We have booked one in Bonaire on 17 th which was $30, so about £20 Then one in Curacoa on 19th for $25 Then we have booked 2 the next week in St Maartin and St Lucia. We did the St Lucia trip in April and we were out 6 hours. When you book with Thompson's you are only out 3 hours. Drinks are all included on the trips as well so good value.

Maxymaxy1 how did you book the trips? I would like to do some independently too, from past experience they tend to be cheaper and of the same if not better quality than offered by tour operators. Thanks.

We researched the ports and then went on trip adviser and read the reviews that other people had put. You don't pay until end of the trip anyway so you know you won't be ripped off. We booked by email and everyone replied and arranged where to meet etc. If you are really interested in them, let me now and I will give you the email addresses. Let me know hat ports you are interested in and I will let you know which ones we booked with. We did one is St Lucia and the friends we were with did the Thomson one previously and they said we did a lot more on our trip and spend longer out as well. Thomson only seem to be a couple of hours. Plus the ones we booked with all the drinks,soft drinks, rum punch and water are all included.

:cool::cool:

Maxymaxy1 how did you book the trips? I would like to do some independently too, from past experience they tend to be cheaper and of the same if not better quality than offered by tour operators. Thanks.

Hello again,I have already sent you a message but I have just dug our email confirmations out. I think you are only with us the first week. We have booked 17th Dec at Bonaire which is $30. with Bonaire Vista Tours. As I said before,check them out on trip advisor. The other one is Curacoa which is $25 and that was with Irie Tours. Let me know if you book them.:cool::cool:

Hi Jules,

This is a link to my review last year if it is any help :)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1592044

Also whatsinport.com is quite good

http://www.whatsinport.com/

Tomsguides is another one, but a bit of a work in progress :rolleyes:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/portguides.html

Hi Jules,

This is a link to my review last year if it is any help :)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1592044

Also whatsinport.com is quite good

http://www.whatsinport.com/

Tomsguides is another one, but a bit of a work in progress :rolleyes:

http://www.tomsportguides.com/portguides.html

Thank you very much Linda - will print off & send the links to them ;)

Hi All.

This is the link to my port review from the Dream last year, some of the ports will be the same:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1807050

We can recommend the Cosol trip on St Lucia, a great day out.

Yes the price difference is extortionate, we have been tracking the 22nd Dec cruise and the P&O Christmas ones, at least the Dream one has come down from £3000 each. We know the Christmas prices for any holiday attracts a premium, but the cruise prices are ridiculous.

You can expect to pay more in a normal Hotel as they will be paying the staff extra for working the bank holidays, but on a cruise the staff are away from family anyway so I bet they don't get this premium passed onto them, it's just part of the contract. They should do.... they work so dammed hard.

You can expect to pay more in a normal Hotel as they will be paying the staff extra for working the bank holidays, but on a cruise the staff are away from family anyway so I bet they don't get this premium passed onto them.

We are going away for Christmas - prices have bever been so cheap for Spanish hotels over the Festive period.

Hi All.

This is the link to my port review from the Dream last year, some of the ports will be the same:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1807050

We can recommend the Cosol trip on St Lucia, a great day out.

Yes the price difference is extortionate, we have been tracking the 22nd Dec cruise and the P&O Christmas ones, at least the Dream one has come down from £3000 each. We know the Christmas prices for any holiday attracts a premium, but the cruise prices are ridiculous.

You can expect to pay more in a normal Hotel as they will be paying the staff extra for working the bank holidays, but on a cruise the staff are away from family anyway so I bet they don't get this premium passed onto them, it's just part of the contract. They should do.... they work so dammed hard.

Thank you Joe - will pass on to them! Only a few days after they had booked, the price was jumping back up so I think they were very lucky!

Joe, I'm about to read your review....just noticed you said get back to the boat 2-3 hours before sailing...that seems to be a long time...any reason? Well, apart from the obvious of missing the boat :) but it seems to be a long time....

Thanks

We normally start to get hungry, so get back 2 or 3pm, then like to lounge by the pool. Or go back to the port after lunch, staying within walking distance of the ship.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Edited by joeholiday2

• 3 weeks later...

I will be up at 5!! Won't be able to sleep with excitement lololol.

Saw your posts in roll call. We are on the later plane, I checked I case I was wrong but we are on the Dreamliner ( finges crossed) at 11.15, don't drink the boat dry before we get there please! Hope to see you in the bar of the Rad!! :D

I will be up at 5!! Won't be able to sleep with excitement lololol.

Saw your posts in roll call. We are on the later plane, I checked I case I was wrong but we are on the Dreamliner ( finges crossed) at 11.15, don't drink the boat dry before we get there please! Hope to see you in the bar of the Rad!! :D

May see you in the bar at Raddison. Might not have drunk the bar dry before you get on board. Only a couple of hours ahead of you. Might be still studying the bar menu by the time you get there!!!

Hi everyone, we are cruising for a week 15th to 29th December then having a week in Barbados. This is my first cruise and am very excited.

I am sure you will love it. Thomson ships are very friendly and it rubs off on the passengers and everyone is friendly. The Dream is a lovely ship and you will love the Caribbean. Never stayed in Barbados but done trips round there and it looks lovely.:cool::cool: