The Pride Appreciation Thread

richraven

Oh, the Pride! Just sailed on the Pride August of this year for the third time...my last sailing will be Nov 30, 2014--great itinerary! We have had such great times and laughs on the Pride. I used to be a 'loyal to Royal' cruise until this ship showed me a great time for less money. I will really miss the Pride in Baltimore and I hope Carnival re-considers and brings another ship to the Balto port...Looking forward to 11/30/2014!!:)

"Also in the waiting area you are not allowed to take pictures, the security guard told us this, but some people "didn't hear him" Every time someone tried to take a picture he would come over and tell them to stop, he got ticked off after e few times"

True, my mom almost got tackled by security for trying to take a picture of us...lol.

I am really going to miss the Pride, I love her!! She is a beautiful ship, spirit class is just the right size and layout. I also love the convenience of leaving out of Baltimore. I will miss being able to just drive to the port the morning we sail.

Carnival please bring the Pride back to Baltimore now that you have come to an agreement with the EPA!

Edited by Irish_Rose

Just returned from the Pride on Sunday, October 13th. This was our 9th cruise and had a great time on this ship. The land staff at the port was great along with the parking. The ship is still in great shape and it will be even better after the dry dock in Oct 2014. We had a very relaxing trip. It has been reported Carnival is installing scrubbers on their ship and I hope they will return in April 2015, which is after the current schedule ends. We were told by multiple crew members on our cruise last week that the Pride is highest revenue producing ship in the fleet. I don't know how to verify that but if true I can't see Carnival staying away from Baltimore for long. I hope a deal is completed soon.

I feel spoiled as I took my FIRST ever cruise this past January and we are leaving in a few short days to re-visit the Pride for the same itinerary. I love how easy it was to get to, get on, HAVE FUN, get off of and get home!!!! Everyone I speak with has something negative to say about choosing to cruise with Carnival due to all the press.....I shrug them off and tell them that I had the time of my life and that as long as they had that opinion, I would be able to cruise at the price I like!!!!

I will be so sad to not be able to cruise out of Baltimore and hope that the powers that be will work things out and bring another ship back (even if not the Pride).

I am super excited to meet the "new" CD/ACD as we had Troy and Robin in January and loved them......I have read mixed things about Kirk, but as with the first cruise, I am keeping an open mind with no expectations and gonna have the time of my life!!!! Sailing with my sisters (twins) for their birthday with their spouses!!! FAMILY time is the best time!!!!

Edited by KayCee4106

Kirk was okay as a CD. He's funny and he seems to have a nice personality.

The CD doesn't make or break a cruise for us, we enjoy ourselves regardless. I couldn't name more than maybe one or two CD's we've had out of 14 cruises.

Hope you have a great cruise! Enjoy!

We sailed the Pride in the summers of 2011 and 2013. We'll most likely go one last time before they take her out of Baltimore. Hopefully Roger will still be in the piano bar. We stopped in every night to see him for at least a couple of songs between other activities.

Roger is going home to his family for a while. His last run on the Pride will be the week of 12/01/13. I switched our 12/08 sailing to the 12/01 sailing for that reason. We love going to the piano bar nightly for the sing along! :)

Just found my own answer but the excuse Carnival is giving isn't making sense to me. They are citing new emissions restrictions.

"All oceangoing ships, including cargo and cruise vessels, are required by the International Maritime Organization to burn cleaner, low-sulfur fuel when within 200 nautical miles of the U.S. and Canadian coasts. Ships are supposed to use an even cleaner fuel with 90 percent less sulfur starting in 2015."

Won't the restrictions fit all US ports, why is Baltimore being singled out?

Roger is going home to his family for a while. His last run on the Pride will be the week of 12/01/13. I switched our 12/08 sailing to the 12/01 sailing for that reason. We love going to the piano bar nightly for the sing along! :)

Do you know if/when he will be back? I sail Feb. 9 and hear Roger is great!

Won't the restrictions fit all US ports, why is Baltimore being singled out?

In most ports you can effectively sail quickly out of US territorial waters. In Baltimore you have to cruise the length of the Chesapeake first. They've worked out an arrangement but in the near term they don't have a ship that has the scrubbers the EPA agreed to installed. No one really knows what the future holds in terms of them coming back. I suspect they will though, the pricing out of Baltimore stays relatively high compared to Florida ports and there's decent demand with the DC and Philly areas nearby.

Did our honeymoon on the Pride when she was sailing out of Long Beach. We'll be on her again with our kids in March. The decor is a little funky but we still had a good time! Looking forward to seeing our kids reactions to cruising.

We were told by multiple crew members on our cruise last week that the Pride is highest revenue producing ship in the fleet. I don't know how to verify that but if true I can't see Carnival staying away from Baltimore for long. I hope a deal is completed soon.

I've heard the same thing. Not to mention the loss of so many local jobs. :mad:

I did not know that the Carnival Pride was leaving Baltimore--very sad news. My only Carnival cruise was on the Pride, which I took the day after an incredible snowstorm a few years ago. It was a miracle that I was able to get a cab to the from the train station to the cruise terminal, but I'm glad I got through; once on board it was great. The staff was fantastic, the decor unique and interesting, and the steakhouse wonderful. I have been on most cruise lines and learned from this trip how good Carnival is.

The Pride! That was my Virgin cruise!

The only ship I know, so far...lol

The 1st cruise was just me and the wife, we loved everything about her.

Our second one was with my daughter and some family, and we enjoyed it again.

I found the Ship huge, yet cozy :)

I would have sailed her again, it's just that when u have seen Nassau and Freeport, twice, well that's enough for those ports.:eek:

The Pride was my first cruise and it started our cruise addiction! The Pride is still our favorite ship! We are very sad to see her and Carnival leaving Baltimore. Love sailing from Baltimore and now RCI will be our only option.

Your first cruise is often your best and ours really was. Boarding was super easy and we knew nothing, we didn't even find CC until after. :-D The ship is amazing and we love the layout and we have had the best service of any cruise on our 1/2012 sailing. Our room stewart was absolutely the best. I really hope something happens and she doesn't leave. I know wishful thinking. I just don't understand Carnival. :-(

We are cruising on the Pride for the second time over Christmas. My favorite ship so far. I even enjoyed the decor! The size and layout of this ship is great. Never feels very crowded.

Sad to see her go. We love the port of Baltimore. I am hoping they will eventually send another spirit class ship to Baltimore eventually.:(

Three time Pride cruisers. Also cruised the Miracle and the Legend all sister ships.

Baltimore is my favorite port (only 2 hours from home) In March 2010 my beautiful daughter was married on the Pride. Her first cruise and a little rocky the first few days.. changed that really rocky the first 2 days.

My beautiful daughter is no longer with us (passed away in Feb 2013) so the Pride will always hold a very special place in my heart. Not sure if I could cruise her again but I knew her so well it was like going home.

We have cruised on the Pride three times so far and her sisters, the Legend and Miracle, several times each. We love the Spirit class ships. We are looking at sailing her one more time before she leaves.

2013_08_04_0016.jpg

The Pride sailing under the Francis Scott Key Bridge.