Do you know of any "Cruise-related" movies?

Pooker

Just wondering if there are any movies that have been made around cruises? I thought it would be fun to check some of them out if they exist. Any suggestions?

--dave

Unfortunately, there aren't very many that are lighthearted. These are the only ones I know of, but may be more...?

1956 - Titanic

1957 - An Affair to Remember

1957 - A Night to Remember (about Titanic)

1960 - The Last Voyage

1965 - Ship of Fools

1972 - The Poseidon Adventure

1979 - Beyond the Poseidon Adventure

1996 - Titanic

1997 - Out to Sea (Jack Lemmon, funny)

1997 - Speed 2: Cruise Control (Sandra Bullock)

I just rented a Blockbuster movie, but haven't watched it yet:

"The Legend of 1900". It says it's about a most unusual man who was born and lives on a cruise ship all his life.

I'll come back here in a coupla days and let you know if it was worth renting.:confused:

If we're including tv, one of my favorites is a Columbo episode where Columbo investigates a murder on a cruise ship (an old Princess ship). The murderer is played by Robert Vaughn (the Man from UNCLE).

My all time favorite film, Now Voyager, starring Bette Davis. Great old black and white film.

Out To Sea, starring Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. Funny movie about two guys who are dance hosts on a cruise ship.

Pooker, I just finished watching The Legend of 1900. Not what you have in mind, I'm sure. Not about modern day cruising......but a very good movie. I didn't want it to end.

If we're including tv, one of my favorites is a Columbo episode where Columbo investigates a murder on a cruise ship (an old Princess ship). The murderer is played by Robert Vaughn (the Man from UNCLE).

And the Nanny episode aboard Celebrity.

Speed 2: Cruise Control is a great dramatic film if you've never cruised. If you have, it's a howler; just one of the funniest things you'd ever want to see, what with all the mistakes.

Watched one a couple of weeks ago called After the Sunset. Newer movie and has a cruise ship in it. Pretty good movie!

Gotta love Salma Hayek! (Oh, yeah, it also has Pierce Brosnan in it...for the ladies in the crowd.)

Danielle Steel wrote a book called "Crossings" set in the 1930's and this was made into a TV movie. It starred Jane Seymour, Lee Horsley and Cheryl Ladd. Much of it was set on an ocean voyager crossing.

I watched a TV movie called the "Bermuda Triangle" a few years ago. It was about these people who go on a fishing trip from one of the caribbean islands and get lost at sea. They run into this old ocean voyager that had disapeered back in the 50's and they board it. That was a really creepy movie so I really don't recomend it though.

I watched "Out to Sea" last night and laughed myself silly. I've got Speed 2 all ready to go tonight.

--dave

You may laugh yourself silly watching Speed 2, too, except that it's not meant to be a comedy. Seriously, it's not all that bad, but it was a serious disappointment after the excellence of the original Speed.

This Legend of 1900 movie, is it a new one? I haven't heard of it before. Comedy or what?

I still have it, so I'll go look. Nope, it was released in 1999. I was just looking through the Drama section, and saw it. Sounded interesting...and I thoroughly enjoyed it. No, not a comedy, but I got several chuckles from some of the dialogue/scenes. It's - different. This guy was born on the ship, 'adopted' by the crew and captain, and lived his entire life there as the self-taught piano player. Hard to explain, but a very interesting movie. I'm SO glad I rented it.:)

Quote IMDB: Between Two Worlds

Several people are killed in a London air raid. They each awake aboard a strange ship which will deliver each of them either to heaven or hell. Their lives and stories are revealed as they individually begin to realize where they are.

Old Black and white movie I caught a month ago, Hell is when they make you get off the boat

Archived