Inside cabin with a walkway view

LWiening

We have always had Oceanview or Balconies. But We discovered the inside with the walkway view. If you stayed in this room on either Breeze or Freedom what do you think of the room. Pro and Cons. We are going with another couple and this will be their 2nd cruise so I am trying to choose different room types every time we go..Thank you...

We have always had Oceanview or Balconies. But We discovered the inside with the walkway view. If you stayed in this room on either Breeze or Freedom what do you think of the room. Pro and Cons. We are going with another couple and this will be their 2nd cruise so I am trying to choose different room types every time we go..Thank you...

We just got off from the Breeze last Sunday and stayed in a 4J room on deck 7. 7208, corner room that is a handicap room.

Pros for us were a window for a inside price. Rooms below us and bridge above us so no noise at all. Beds did make into a king bed, some ships the layout is diff. and don't make into a king. Bathroom was huge because of being a HC room but water from shower was all over.

Cons, closet had two doors instead of 3 and no room to hang dresses. Really not enough room for half of the clothes we packed..:(

Also there is a pole between the closet and bed that i ran into the first few days.

Most of the things we do are on the back of the ship so always a long walk.

I would not book a room this far forward again, but book a room with a couch midship with a window or a Balcony. Hope this helps.

Had cabin 10205 on the Breeze. This is a corner 4J cabin(non HC) on the Lido deck. I loved this cabin! Nice and roomy! I really liked how I could quickly go outside on the deck at any time.

IMG_9898_zpsca501fb3.jpg

IMG_9906_zpsce960b8a.jpg

IMG_9904_zpsbb12a7fe.jpg

IMG_9894_zps406d1994.jpg

We just got off from the Breeze last Sunday and stayed in a 4J room on deck 7. 7208, corner room that is a handicap room.

Pros for us were a window for a inside price. Rooms below us and bridge above us so no noise at all. Beds did make into a king bed, some ships the layout is diff. and don't make into a king. Bathroom was huge because of being a HC room but water from shower was all over.

Cons, closet had two doors instead of 3 and no room to hang dresses. Really not enough room for half of the clothes we packed..:(

Also there is a pole between the closet and bed that i ran into the first few days.

Most of the things we do are on the back of the ship so always a long walk.

I would not book a room this far forward again, but book a room with a couch midship with a window or a Balcony. Hope this helps.

we actually switched from a balcony to a 4J on the Freedom (but not till July)

we considered all the pros and cons liste above but the 4j was $1000 cheaper and that was a BIG pro

We've sailed in the 4J (non handicapped) rooms several times. It is a smaller room and there is not room for a sofa, only a chair. If you encounter rough seas, you will definitely feel it, much more than any other places I've stayed on a ship. It is a LONG walk to the back of the ship to the Buffet on Lido, the comedy club, piano bar and the Adult Area Pool where we spend most of our time.

On the plus side, you have daylight, although the railing obstructs most of your view AND the 'private' balcony just outside the side doors makes for great views at sail away. Note that there is no comfortable seating out there, only a hard wooden bench. Also, there are times, the doors are locked if the wind/weather turns bad.

Like most things, they are a gamble, they have pros and cons. We have shied away from them recently as Carnival has started charging too much to upgrade to them. They are not worth $15 more per person per day to us.:eek:

We've stayed in 2, 4J cabins on the Breeze...7202 on the Breeze TA last November, and 10206 on and 8 day on Breeze this past May...we loved both of them.

In 7202, we DID have a couch. The cabin seemed "normal" size compared to other cabins we've sailed in. On same cruise, my bil stayed in 7203, which did not have a couch. Go figure. But, we all enjoyed them. Surprisingly, the forward deck was only closed off maybe twice during the 15 day TA, once for maintenance. There we regular lounge chairs on the forward deck, can't see over the solid deck rail, but a nice and quiet spot to relax. Great views though from the deck.

The 10206 cabin was the largest cabin we've sailed in yet. No couch, single chairs...no poles or other obstructions...and contrary to some accounts here, 10206 is not a HC cabin, so no worry about being bumped...closets in both cabins were more than adequate for us..even sailing 15 days. On cruise in May, we originally booked a 4J on deck 6, but when 10206 came available, we took it. We liked the higher deck, and it was just "down the hall" to the main Lido area, which was great for us as we had breakfast by the pool pretty much each morning.

There are no absolutes here. 4J's are sort of unique, usually priced at just a bit more than interiors, but pretty much always lower than OV's, and balcony cabins, and on higher decks, a plus for many. They are of course all the way forward on the ship, so if walking to everything on the rest of the ship is an issue, probably better idea not to book one, but it's no secret. We enjoy the "forced" walking to all areas that are "behind" us. But, for arriving and leaving port, can't beat the panoramic and almost 360 degree views from the forward. decks. Of course not as private as a balcony, but way different views, just depends on what matters most.

Some are put off by the front window....folks can see in from forward deck, especially at night with lights on in the cabin, but, supposed to keep lights off at night to not interfere with ship navigation. During day, folks can see in, but if theres nothing to see...no issues to us.

Without everything else, a matter of choices..4J's work for some, and not others....We're booked in a 4J for the Sunshine TA leaving in a couple of weeks, so a good choice for us!!!

• 1 month later...

We have 10206 on the Magic in January. It should prove interesting. We have had several types of cabins on different ships, a standard inside, an accessible inside, regular balcony, an obstructed OV, a 'hump' balcony and a Promenade view on RCL and even the Owners Suite on the Spirit, but this will be the first walkway view.

Thanks for the pictures.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Forums mobile app