Balcony cabin on Thompson Dream

I'm thinking of cruising on Thompson Dream and would want to book one of the balcony cabins.

Whenever I go on the website and I go to the page where you choose your cabin, it won't let me choose one.

Is this because there's only six of them so they get booked up years in advance or am I doing something wrong?

Also, what's the smoking policy on Dream?

Thanks

R

only the 6 grand suites have balconies so I am guessing that yes they do get booked up quite quickly on popular itineraries... have you remembered to click on 'deluxe & suites' on the website when booking online (and not click thru the default cabin selection)

smoking areas are on the back of deck 10 (above the lido) one side of deck 12 (right) and one side of deck 9 and the little decks at the back of deck 8,7,6

They do tend to get booked quickly at the hight of summer. We booked one for July next year a few weeks ago now and at that time there were only two left. I would keep an eye on them however as there may be cancellations with people changing plans and dates.

yes the website seems to be deliberately designed to veer you in a certain direction (their direction)

like:

they preselect the excess baggage option!

but they dont preselect the free obc/ai option….. when it is available?

also, theres a tiny link on the first page where you can sometimes change your flight....sometimes (most notably caribbean christmas and the ta from gatwick) they have 2 flights available one on the dreamliner the other on the 767.....so, if you are looking for dreamliner flights checkout the flight timings (the dreamliner is quicker):cool:

yes the website seems to be deliberately designed to veer you in a certain direction (their direction)

like:

also, theres a tiny link on the first page where you can sometimes change your flight....sometimes (most notably caribbean christmas and the ta from gatwick) they have 2 flights available one on the dreamliner the other on the 767.....so, if you are looking for dreamliner flights checkout the flight timings (the dreamliner is quicker):cool:

yes - all very true - again - well noticed !! the website is one of the things Thomson need to update from Windows 88 or whatever it runs on to something more uptodate so it can deal with all the glitches and issues !

like:

Aha, so that's the only way of knowing how to book on a Dreamliner flight, as they don't seem to brand any of the options as Dreamliner, which I find a bit odd, especially with all the publicity drive they've done about it, I would have thought it would be a selling point, as the brochure isn't all too clear about it either.

Baggers

like:

Just had a look on the booking site with Thomson and there's only 20 mins between the two flight times, and at present the shorter flight is coming up £20 cheaper than the longer flight time. Surely, the Dreamliner flights won't be cheaper than the 767?

Baggers

Just had a look on the booking site with Thomson and there's only 20 mins between the two flight times, and at present the shorter flight is coming up £20 cheaper than the longer flight time. Surely, the Dreamliner flights won't be cheaper than the 767?

Baggers

dreamliner uses less fuel

Archived