Gluten Free Beer now available on Carnival

FuzzHead

Are coors light and Budweiser gluten free in the US?

Thanks

No, they are not. Budweiser makes Redbridge, which is their gluten free beer.

Our entire family has celiac so the men are so happy whenever they find a gf beef. DS has introduced us to Omission beer. The yellow label lager is excellent, but the blue label pale ale is awful.

I'm not a big beer drinker but the thought of getting a hard cider or GF beer of board on a hot day moves Carnival up a mark in my book. The only one I've tried is Redbridge (could take it or leave it) but I'll try the Daura before we leave to make sure I don't have a reaction. I doubt I'd ever drink more than 2-3 anyway so quantity isn't a real question for me.

What I did think interesting in the OP's email was that they said they have GF hamburger buns, which I've never seen on any of the almost 40 cruises we've taken. If they are anything like their bread, that hamburger should weigh in the neighborhood of 5 lbs or so and taste worse than anyone can imagine....to go with my GF beer, of course. :)

When was the last time you sailed? The GF bread we had on the Magic in August 2013 was actually pretty decent. They normally dole out 2 pieces per person, but our grandkids loved it so much they had to double the order for our table every night. I do wish they would carry UDI's bread, hamburger buns and hot dog buns. They didn't have the GF hamburger buns on the Lido, but they were available in the MDR if you ordered a hamburger.

The GF pancakes in the MDR were excellent, but it was a pain in the neck having to order them from the hostess the night before. When we didn't eat in the MDR due to eating in the Steakhouse or Cucina del Capitano, we had to stop by the MDR to place the breakfast order for our grandkids pancakes. One night we didn't make it and they would not let the kids have pancakes for breakfast the next morning. They went hungry because they don't eat eggs.

Hmmm. I didn't like the Omission Lager but i did like the Ale. But i was into heavy Ales before i was diagnosed.

I also thought the gluten free bread was really good when i was on the Glory a couple years ago.

Maybe i just have weird taste.

When was the last time you sailed? The GF bread we had on the Magic in August 2013 was actually pretty decent. They normally dole out 2 pieces per person, but our grandkids loved it so much they had to double the order for our table every night. I do wish they would carry UDI's bread, hamburger buns and hot dog buns. They didn't have the GF hamburger buns on the Lido, but they were available in the MDR if you ordered a hamburger.

The GF pancakes in the MDR were excellent, but it was a pain in the neck having to order them from the hostess the night before. When we didn't eat in the MDR due to eating in the Steakhouse or Cucina del Capitano, we had to stop by the MDR to place the breakfast order for our grandkids pancakes. One night we didn't make it and they would not let the kids have pancakes for breakfast the next morning. They went hungry because they don't eat eggs.

It's been about a year since we've been on Carnival so I hope they've changed the bread. For the past 4-5 years, I've found it pretty much inedible on numerous ships. I haven't tried the pancakes for a few years either because they were more like squishy crepes when I got them once. I'll give them a try! There are more and more of us so hopefully their choices have evolved a bit over what they used to be. I've lost weight n my past several cruises but now that GF beer is an option, that won't happen again! Thanks for the info.

Archived