Book with instructions for making vegetable animals

My sisters, niece & nephew sailed on Carnival. They took a kitchen tour & at the end of the tour they saw a book that included instructions on how to make animals out of vegetables, like those they display on the ship's buffets. My niece is getting married NYE & wants some of the animals to use as decorations at the reception. Does anyone know where I can get one of these books? Thanks in advance for your help. :)

My sisters, niece & nephew sailed on Carnival. They took a kitchen tour & at the end of the tour they saw a book that included instructions on how to make animals out of vegetables, like those they display on the ship's buffets. My niece is getting married NYE & wants some of the animals to use as decorations at the reception. Does anyone know where I can get one of these books? Thanks in advance for your help. :)

You can book a cruise :p Or find someone going on the ship to buy you want... I have what I think is that book, it is their buffet book and includes a section on making the veggie creatures... is that it? The books can only be purchased on the ship though... or you might want to try eBay.

You can book a cruise :p Or find someone going on the ship to buy you want... I have what I think is that book, it is their buffet book and includes a section on making the veggie creatures... is that it? The books can only be purchased on the ship though... or you might want to try eBay.

Chris, is this it: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Gourmet+Delights&pid=632

Yup!! That is the one! I LOVE it!!!! I used to do a lot of catering, and that book came in handy!!!!! YOu can buy them in the sets, I give them out as gifts... it's a great book!!!

You can book a cruise Or find someone going on the ship to buy you want... I have what I think is that book, it is their buffet book and includes a section on making the veggie creatures... is that it? The books can only be purchased on the ship though... or you might want to try eBay.

I'm not sure, if that's the book or not. My sister was thinking that the book may also include instructions for making towel animals. :confused: As long as the book has the vegetable animals, that's the one I'm looking for. :D Do you mind telling me what animals the book teaches you to make? Unfortunately, we already have a cruise booked in Nov., & I won't be able to book another one before NYE. :( Although, that does sound like a great reason to book one. :D Hopefully, I'll find the book or instructions somewhere. Thanks :)

I'm not sure, if that's the book or not. My sister was thinking that the book may also include instructions for making towel animals. :confused: As long as the book has the vegetable animals, that's the one I'm looking for. :D Do you mind telling me what animals the book teaches you to make? Unfortunately, we already have a cruise booked in Nov., & I won't be able to book another one before NYE. :( Although, that does sound like a great reason to book one. :D Hopefully, I'll find the book or instructions somewhere. Thanks :)

Towel Animals is a different book. It is on the website as well.

When I owned a catering business, I had several books that included things like that. Go to any large book store and check out the cookbook section. Should be books on catering and making designs from veggies, fruits, etc. Sorry I've given all mine away or I could give you some titles.

When I owned a catering business, I had several books that included things like that. Go to any large book store and check out the cookbook section. Should be books on catering and making designs from veggies, fruits, etc. Sorry I've given all mine away or I could give you some titles.

Thanks!!! :) I'll go look for one. I've looked on the net, but haven't had any luck. When the storm finally blows away, I'll go see what I can find.

I have the book, it is called "The Buffets of Carnival" - entertaining secrets from the Carnival chefs.

It has an entire section on food sculpture from the tomato roses to the flock of birds(squash), watermelon seahorse, apple birds, reef fish, pineapple rooster, the onion flower basket, the Carnival village and the carrot flower bouquet.

The book has MANY great pictures with detailed instructions with sections also on ice-carvings and the buffets, with volume recipes and MORE!

you may be able to find this on eBay or see if you can find someone cruising soon to pick one up for you.. Mine was a gift...or else I would sell it to you. I possibly could scan and copy the pages for you to use.... ?? let me know

I did just check the auction site and it IS AVAILABLE for ninety-nine cents and $2 shipping...cant beat that!!

Betty,

What auction site are you referring to? You are so kind to offer to copy the pages for me. :) If I can't get the book on the auction site you mentioned, I'd be thrilled to have the copies. There's so many great people on these boards. :D

Archived