Changing reservation...few questions?

hlb76

Hi all.

We are booked for Freedom 10/14. Now that we have been telling friends I have one person who is ready to book and go with us. She is a newbie and will be going as a single. We are booked in a balcony on deck 10. She wants to be near us as it is her first vacation and first cruise. The only option is see is a balcony next door. Which she is fine with as an OV a few deck down is not much less. So I was doing some mock booking to see what was available and I see those extra long balconies are open and she can get that which would be her best deal much better balcony for the same price. But then we are back to the location issue her on 6 aft us 10 forward. I was thinking maybe we we call to get her booked see if my PVP can move us as well and we can be next to her deck 6 as long as the balcony door opens and we could have one nice area for all of us. If I had and extra $600 I would book the aft premium and her next door in the long balcony. I dont want to change my booking as the preview sale is a much nicer price than the current sale. So will it hurt me to change my booking?? Also if she does find a cruise mate later is it a pain for her to add another to the booking? TIA

If by switching cabins you have to switch categories, yes - your booking needs to be re-fared and you will lose that nice preview pricing.

If you can find a balcony in your current category, you just call in to switch cabins and keep your current price rate. Would be perfect if then you can have your friend next door.

Or you can book her in an interior across the hall from you and spend time together on your balcony.

If by switching cabins you have to switch categories, yes - your booking needs to be re-fared and you will lose that nice preview pricing.

If you can find a balcony in your current category, you just call in to switch cabins and keep your current price rate. Would be perfect if then you can have your friend next door.

Or you can book her in an interior across the hall from you and spend time together on your balcony.

Switching categories does not mean you absolutely have to be re-fared. Since it is an increase in price, that could be the case, but I just got moved from an interior bottom deck to an Empress OV for my cruise on the Fantasy next month with no fees (the current price was actually cheaper than what I paid). But changing categories does not instantly mean a re-fare.

Do you have your date right? The 14th is tomorrow.

10/14 = Oct 2014

Thanks.. When we call to get her booked I will ask my PVP and see what he says. I am happy with my room and pricing. It wont benefit me a lot to move rooms as she will be getting the better end if she lets me use her balcony too..:)

We will make it work there are plenty of rooms available near us where she can just book there.

Archived