Ft. Lauderdale to Miami

Sorry if this has been discussed before. We got our docs the other day from RCI. They have us landing in Ft. Lauderdale but our ship is in Miami.

1) Is there a bus that takes you to Miami and back?

2) How long do you have to wait for the bus?

3) How long does it take from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Port of Miami?

Thanks!

Eric, it sounds like you booked your air through the cruise line, in which case they will transfer you by bus to and from the aiport and the port. :) Transfers are included when you book air through RCCL. It's only about 30 minutes between the two cities, not long at all.

Eric, it sounds like you booked your air through the cruise line, in which case they will transfer you by bus to and from the aiport and the port. :) Transfers are included when you book air through RCCL. It's only about 30 minutes between the two cities, not long at all.

Alright, thanks! :)

I'm thinking of booking flights through Ft. Lauderdale. Any idea how much it costs to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Best form of transportation? Do they have reasonably priced shuttle vans? I may be arranging transportation for several people. Thanks for the help.

Guest cruzr44
I'm thinking of booking flights through Ft. Lauderdale. Any idea how much it costs to get from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Best form of transportation? Do they have reasonably priced shuttle vans? I may be arranging transportation for several people. Thanks for the help.

There is Airport Shuttle for $17 pp. Just go curbside and look for the white vans with "Airport Shuttle" on them. They do not have this option for getting back from MIA to FLL so you either have to take a cab ($60), go with a towncar or limo ($80 inc tip), or go with Mears (through RC).

We wanted to book the limo from Miami to FLL, are you saying this can't be done? We are arriving in FLL a day early and renting a car to Miami, but our flight home will be the same day the cruise docks, so we thought we would just arrange for a limo. How difficult is it to grab a cab?

Mary

It can be done, but it's expensive. The Limo company doesn't know exactly what time you'll be off the ship, that's why it costs a lot. And you won't know either until you are actually off and have collected your bags and cleared customs. We booked the RCL shuttle bus (it was actually a Greyhound) on board for $20 p.p. We waited maybe 15 minutes for the bus to get a reasonable load. We were in the first off group and were at FLL by 9:30 a.m. with no problems.

Guest cruzr44
We wanted to book the limo from Miami to FLL, are you saying this can't be done? We are arriving in FLL a day early and renting a car to Miami, but our flight home will be the same day the cruise docks, so we thought we would just arrange for a limo. How difficult is it to grab a cab?

Mary

We had a towncar pick us up. I had arranged for them to be there at 7:30 but they insisted on 8. We were off the ship at 7:30 so we had to wait around. I couldn't find them so I called. They weren't even there yet. Got there about 8:20. If I were to do it again I would just grab a cab (especially if you have an early flight) as there were plenty of them. They even have minivan cabs if you need something a little bigger.

Archived