Hampton Inn Garden District~NOLA

NurseMarla

I have not stayed there but a street car to the quarter is $1.25 per person one way and you'll catch it in the neutral ground. Once you leave your hotel, turn right onto the sidewalk and go to the next cross street, Fourcher street and cross into the neutral ground and you'll see the streetcar stop sign on the right. If you are going to and from the quarter and all day pass is $3 which will allow you to use any streetcar. You can also buy a transfer when you board the streetcar, which is good for 2 hours, and is 25 cents. This is good for boarding an additional streetcar or bus to continue your trip.

Street cars run like cars do, so ones going downriver will be on the right side of the road, or closest to your hotel door. The French Quarter is "down" from the Garden district. (In New Orleans "down" means down river, "up" means upriver. So "upper garden district" would be in the area of Audubon Park, and "lower garden district" would be near Commander's Palace.)

I recommend the $3 all day pass, or the $9 3 day pass if you are going to be there a few days.

The port should be a $7/pp cab fare away. Do not try and use the street cars to get to the port, it's a really huge pain in the butt to wrangle luggage and everything on the streetcars.

We stayed there 4 nights and loved it. The parking is secure, the breakfast is

very nice, and the employees are great. Streetcar stop is right outside the hotel.

You may have to ask for the person which can give you the park stay, and cruise

rate.

• 2 weeks later...

We are thinking about staying at the Hampton Inn Garden District hotel the night prior to our cruise, but the Park and Stay isn't available. :( This is due to a convention in town. They do have a room. I'm thinking that since we plan on using the Fulton Street Parking garage during the cruise, we can use this for the night we stay at the Hampton Inn. From the map, it looks like these are only a block away from each other. Has anyone done this before? We really would like to stay in this area, but I would like parking close by

Archived