Blue Velvet Cheesecake

nodogkisses

For anyone who doesnt understand, never said New York style cheesecake was invented in

NY (have no idea where it was invented) but that is what it is called and 8 million NYers would agree with me.

Never said you did.

Objective people know that taste is subjective and would never suggest otherwise.

Never seen NY or NY style in the name or description of the Steakhouse cheesecake or the Coffee Bar cheesecake.

Since you brought it up, NY is much more than NYC. Does that mean 11 million NYers would disagree with you?

Correct, not a "cheesecake" but rather a cake with cheese frosting. ;)

sorry that is incorrect...

this is in fact cheesecake but with a twist. it is stacked like a torte.

this layer of actual chese cake, think layer of cake, thin layer of cheese cake, thin layer of cake, think layer of cheesecake, thintlayer of cake. all covered in cream cheese icing.

the cheesecake layers are absolutely actual cheesecake and not just icing. way too dense and not as sweet as the icing.

and i am not a huge fan of dessert but loved a few bites of this.

i am hoping to talk the hubby into taking another trip on the sunshine once she gets to florida and if we do we will have this again.

• 3 years later...

Have been on the Carnival sunshine three times and each time one day during the cruise found the red velvet cheesecake during lunchtime at the Lido deck. It is the most awesome cheesecake I have ever eaten. Kudos to the pastry chef on the Carnival sunshine. Unfortunately no one can tell me which day will be served or at what time.

The cheesecake is so incredible it actually looks like a baked a cake but it is purely cheesecake all the way.

I hope to find it next week!