Photo Services On Board

Not sure if they can but we have done cards through our local Walgreen's a few times with the pictures from the ship. You own the rights to any pictures you purchase so having someone else make them isn't a problemand MUCH cheaper. If you have an idea what your looking for, create it without the photos before you leave then upload the photo at the airport and place the order or once you get home. If you are concerned about addressing all of those envelopes ask for a pack in advance. Great way to spend some time on a long flight. Since most places can print them in an hour they will be there when you get home. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Yes, indeed. We had some made in Dec. last year. They are priced by the

50's. I think we paid $39 for 50. We had trouble deciding which of 2 pictures to choose. I had an idea as to how to use both pictures. We celebrated our

50th anniversary in August, so we used one picture on a Christmas card, and chose the other card that wasn't Christmas-type for the anniversary card.

The young woman helping us even helped us figure out how to put the 50th anniversary on the card, as well as 8/2/1963-8/2/2013. She was so excited about doing them for us that she was able to ring it up as 100 of 1 picture, instead of

2 pictures at 50. That made it much less expensive, and everyone loved both of them. I don't remember the cost for 100.

Can the onboard photo shop make Holiday Cards using a family portrait taken during the cruise? We are on Freedom over Thanksgiving and it would be nice to walk off the ship with cards ready to work with when we get home. Just asking.

They can do lots of things. I have had them change a boarder before, but, they are very busy, pressed for time. If you want something special ask at the first of the cruise, they need at least 3 to 4 days for something special, and depending on what it is ,$'s could be involved

I've never seen cards offered on board.

I order mine from Shutterfly. They are always having special deals, and I ended up getting a bunch of the cards for free using My Coke Rewards points. They shipped in about a week.

On my upcoming cruises in December & January, I plan to wear a Santa hat in some of my formal night, etc. photos so I can use them for next year's Christmas card :D

We've done them on several cruises around thanksgiving, and I usually bring my mailing list labels and xmas stamps with me so that I can prepare the cards while killing time at the airport to go in the mail as soon as we get home.

I

On my upcoming cruises in December & January, I plan to wear a Santa hat in some of my formal night, etc. photos so I can use them for next year's Christmas card :D

I'm cruising in December. Thanks for the great idea. I'll pay you a million dollars to wear a full Santa suit. Please tell me you are jolly and round like St Nick?!

They can do lots of things. I have had them change a boarder before, but, they are very busy, pressed for time. If you want something special ask at the first of the cruise, they need at least 3 to 4 days for something special, and depending on what it is ,$'s could be involved

On a similar subject, and I know my wife doesn't do the forums so she will not see this. We will be on Independence on our 30th wedding anniversary next year. On the day, I am planning to get down on one knee and ask my wife to marry me again. It is hoped that one of the ships photographers will be there to record the moment. I am planning this as a big BIG surprise for my wife, and a photo of it would be something to keep. SO, can this be arranged on board, or would I need to ask before boarding.

I'm cruising in December. Thanks for the great idea. I'll pay you a million dollars to wear a full Santa suit. Please tell me you are jolly and round like St Nick?!

For a million dollars, I can be Santa.....for that matter I can be whatever you want!! Sign me up! :D

On a similar subject, and I know my wife doesn't do the forums so she will not see this. We will be on Independence on our 30th wedding anniversary next year. On the day, I am planning to get down on one knee and ask my wife to marry me again. It is hoped that one of the ships photographers will be there to record the moment. I am planning this as a big BIG surprise for my wife, and a photo of it would be something to keep. SO, can this be arranged on board, or would I need to ask before boarding.

If you could do that on formal night you could get in line to have your pic taken and after getting in front of the backdrop for the photo drop to your knee and go for it. The photog will capture it all and people will clap.

The photogs setup at several places on formal night.

Congrats to you both

I'm fairly jolly, but not round :D

Still, for a million bucks I'll get the Santa suit and a few pillows :p

Archived