Carnival Liberty or Breeze??

gooselover

I am planning our 4th Carnival Cruise and want to go the southern route. Both ships go where I want. We have a chance to snag a wrap on either. Can anyone tell me their opinion? Beings that the Breeze is bigger, what amenities does it have compared to Liberty? The price is about the same - Liberty being a tad cheaper.

So, your opinion? Also, which deck would you snag your aft wrap? 6, 7, 8 or 9? And was it WORTH the extra $600 compared to a regular balcony?

I am planning our 4th Carnival Cruise and want to go the southern route. Both ships go where I want. We have a chance to snag a wrap on either. Can anyone tell me their opinion? Beings that the Breeze is bigger, what amenities does it have compared to Liberty? The price is about the same - Liberty being a tad cheaper.

So, your opinion? Also, which deck would you snag your aft wrap? 6, 7, 8 or 9? And was it WORTH the extra $600 compared to a regular balcony?

Breeze and no to $600

I really like Liberty, but reviews have been so positive about Breeze that I would be inclined to try it. I'm not a balcony fanatic, so I can't offer much insight on that, other than it seems like a big difference in price. Yikes!

I've had two Liberty cruise in the past and that was one of my favorite ships until I went on the Breeze July of this year. Awesome ship, awesome time. Planning a trip on the Dream next year and I am worried about being disappointed.

I prefer Lido balconies so can't help you with that. Tried aft once and it was nice, but lido is the way to go for me.

Enjoy your cruise

In the words of Joey Lawrence... whoa!! I thought you said it was close, I suppose $600 is relative to each individual. For $600. I would not spend the money. We personally loved the Liberty and it offered everything we wanted but if money is no object... sure I'd do the Breeze, just because she's new.

Personally I think the $600 is extremely high - that could be our airfare! BUT, DH has always wanted an aft wrap.

We booked Liberty ONLY because I like the itinerary with the three ports only and the time of the year. We were limited to Thanksgiving and Christmas on Breeze - Late Fall and early Winter are the times that we can go.

We had the same problem choosing. But because we were going with another couple we chose Liberty because of the ports. Breeze seems to have allot more things on it then Liberty. But the ports won again..Never been on either so we decided next time it will be Breeze.

Just off "Breeze", where we had a GREAT time. I haven't done "Liberty" for several years, but I'm sure it's a wonderful cruise as well. I don't think you'll go wrong on either.

I too, vote NO, to the $600 aft wrap. Regular balcony is just as good IMO, and I can have a lot of fun for $600. ;)

"SKY"

Just got back last Saturday from the Liberty -- loved every minute!! Had one dinner in the Steak restaurant up on deck 10, it was VERY good; The Little Woman spent some time at the Spa, and loved her facial, hair-do, and manicure. She also came out with a bag full of spa products -- supposed to turn back the clock a couple of decades . . . . hmmmmm . . . we'll see. But if she's happy, then I'm ecstatic.

OH!! By the way, MUSTER is a lot different now since the Concordia. It's going to take WAY longer -- and they translated everything into German and then Spanish after English. That was hot and tedious and lots of grousing about it, but that was the only thing we were displeased with. In fact, I'm going to complain to Carnival about making everybody stand there whilst everything was translated . . . . they could muster all non-English speaking passengers to one are and translate it there for them instead of making all the passengers hear it three times.

So if there's a quandry, I think I'd let the itenerary be the deciding factor -- the ships are all very nice, the menus the same, the spas are good. Just have fun!!!!!!

Archived