Just returned from Galaxy 10 Day Med Cruise

NHRedSoxFan

We just came home from the 10 day Med cruise (ended July 4th). Galaxy is in fine shape! It's a lovely smaller ship but with many of the big ship niceties. I had read the posts about conditions and must admit that for the first day I was walking with my head down,looking for the frayed carpets! Didn't find any! Our cabin was fine and so was the rest of the ship!

We had a great time, met some fun people and are already looking forward to our next cruise!

Thanks for the info. We are booked on the Transatlantic from Rome on October 17th, 2005 and I was getting panicky reading all the stories about stains, rips, holes and broken sinks?!eek.gif We have had four fabulous cruises with Celebrity and I was concerned that this one would be disappointing. It is the most wonderful part of a cruise holiday, living in that marvelous environment, with all the staff only wanting to make your experience evenbetter!smile.gif

Roll on October 17th! I can hardly wait!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

One of the posters indicated that Celebrity started disembarking passengers around 5:50 am after the Galaxy cruise.

How long does it take to get to the airport? Would it be possible to catch a flight leaving around 10 am?

We are booked on same trip for June, 2006 and I am researching flights.

Thanks

Judy

One of the posters indicated that Celebrity started disembarking passengers around 5:50 am after the Galaxy cruise.

How long does it take to get to the airport? Would it be possible to catch a flight leaving around 10 am?

We are booked on same trip for June, 2006 and I am researching flights.

Thanks

Judy

I don't know about the time to get to the airport, but getting from Rome to the Port takes approximately one and one half hours. Am assuming from looking at the map, that it will take around that to get to the airport.

McKay1 - we will waive to you as we leave and you embark :D

Queenk2,

Regarding the effect of the recent bombing in Turkey: I recieved an email from a tour guide today replying to my reservation. He offered information that there have been no changes to the cruises that were/are scheduled to stop there as a result of the bombing.

I also have a private tour guide booked, however I am going with another couple and they left over the weekend. I am leaving tonight! So I have no way of contacting the guide, simply because I didn't book that tour. I am relieved to hear that there are no changes because I really want to see Ephesus and Istanbul!

Karen

• 7 months later...

...so you probably won't even read this..

But, The weather was hot and humid. This was the end of June, returning July 4th. Dress light, bring water, especially if you go to Pompeii. Italy's humidity is intense. When we got to Greece it was just as hot, but NO humitidy - wonderful.

We are going back to Italy this year, but we chose September for this reason, hoping it will be more comfortable.

Archived