Pre-Concierge Cruise Question

jerzigal

We upgraded Wednesday to a Haven Spa suite for our 10/27 Breakaway cruise.

I called the pre-cruise concierge number. I was told it could take "24-48 business hours" before I would receive the amenities list.

First of all, why should it take so long? I should think they have them electronically. If so, she could have sent it to me while we were talking!

Secondly, if she really meant 24-48 business hours, we probably won't even have it before we leave. :(

Has anyone else had this experience??? :confused:

Best guess, they were helping someone else. I rarely hear from them until I'm very close to cruise time. There is not one thing they can help you with that cannot be done while your waiting to board or have boarded.

What do you need from them with any urgency?

Pillows etc can and will be handled by the butler when you board. We found that they are very good at getting things that you pay for, i.e. excursions etc, but the basic things are usually not done and we have the butler take care of them.

There's no urgency, but again, I can't figure out why it should take so long to send an email. I'm not asking them to do anything (yet). I would just like to know what's on the amenities list before we cruise.

Amenities are catered to specific suite types, so I have found that I get a response quicker when I email them with my booking number and stateroom number. Usually they email me back with the list catered to my specific catagory of suite within a few hours. I think once I waited about 24 hours, but never longer than that. I then email them back my selections, they will respond with an email confirmation of your selections both from the list and anything else you may have asked for. If they can't guarantee something they will tell you in the confirmation email. I have never been disappointed and everything has always been fullfilled by the time I got into my suite. Am also traveling on the 27th on the Star so will update once I return home if things did not get done ahead of time.

try emailing them at norwegianconciergedesk @ ncl dot com

Please note that typically replies from the pre-cruise concierge are addressed personally to the guest. One can tell by looking at the email and pdf attachments that they are not auto-generated by the "system" but someone at the desk is responding and putting together each response.

This is what the "letter" (Word doc) looks like. We did not book through a TA, but the template used sure indicates that it was intended for a TA...

precrcon2.jpg

Archived