Hiking down the mountain in St. Marten?

kms8066

Has anyone done this? It is listed as one of Royal Caribbean's sponsored expeditions in St. Marten -- They take you to highest point on the island, and you hike down, 2 hours long, with a guide. Would love to hear from someone who has done it -- the good? the bad? Any info will be appreciated!

Has anyone done this? It is listed as one of Royal Caribbean's sponsored expeditions in St. Marten -- They take you to highest point on the island, and you hike down, 2 hours long, with a guide. Would love to hear from someone who has done it -- the good? the bad? Any info will be appreciated!

I am pretty sure that this is the excursion that my husband and I did last spring. It was fun, but a lot more strenuous than any previous excursion we had taken. Make sure you bring close toed shoes. The terrain is very rough, We essentially hiked down what appeared to by gullies created by heavy rains. The guide was pleasant and patient, and some of her stories were a little "Hokey." The group was all ages and nobody got hurt. We hiked in a forest sos the view was obstructed. I was glad we did it.

We did this excursion in February. I think the most intense part for me was the ride up to the top! It was very bumpy and you are in the back of a truck on benches and the "seatbelt" isn't very secure.

The hike down the hill was nice; there were a few stops to take pictures. My husband and I are active people and we are used to walking/hiking in rough terrain so it wasn't difficult for us. I think it may have been more strenuous than what some people may have been expecting. I don’t think you have to be super active to handle this easily, but it is a long walk on uneven terrain in the heat. They do provide a bottle of water but it might be good to bring more.

It was our guide’s first time taking people on this excursion but she was very good and she was patient and informative. She also made sure to yell out if there were any steep steps, loose rocks and slippery parts to the trail.

We did something like this island it was the highest point - it was called Loterie Farm. My son and I did the hike while my husband and other son zip lined. It was nice. I think by searching Loterie Farm on the ports of call board you'll get more info. I could be way off but sounds like where we went. Karen

If this is operated by the similar company who provided it on CCL (tour guide was named Nikki and I TOTALLY recommend!) it was a wonderful eco tour that was actually sold out but they were kind enough to radio up the hill and allow us to taxi ourselves and join them. (we tipped the guide.) It started at Guana Bay and we back tracked to that amazing beach. It was hot (definitely bring water) but the views were stunning and you could see the islands in the distance. One of our favorite activities we have done.

Archived